• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm not blaming Shula

Jeremy Igo

This assumption you're making about nicks is just as valid as my assumption that Steve smith would have shown up to camp with a beer gut and had 600 receiving yards and 3 TDs.

And i've thought about that as well... the season heis having for Baltimore could very well be happening because he got the drive back to play after being cut. The issue here I'm pointing out is that Nicks is more talented physically than any one of our WRs outside of KB. The problem that has long plagued our franchise and this coaching staff in particular now, is the inability to provide a deep talent pool and competition at each position. Nicks would have to come in and prove himself, but based off of talent alone, he would've been our #1 or #2. Cotchery and Avant are career slot guys, and Gettleman made no attempt to upgrade the position because he handed them their roles and told Nicks he was better off elsewhere.

Say what you will, but that was a step backwards. Imagine how much better KB and Olsen would look with a legitimate, athletic recieving threat on the other side of him.

Gettleman is a scout, not a GM and he doesn't have a clue what he is doing. Get used to it because Richardson hired him and he will be around for the length of his contract. Jerry don't play the dead money game. Don't be surprised if clever Dave doesn't swing for the fences in the off season and trade Cam, then old Jer can reboot again. It is frustrating.

Archived