• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The QB coach we hired to coach Cam (2013-now): age 33 Ken Dorsey, 2-11 record as NFL QB, 52.5%, 8 TD, 18 INT, 55.2 QB rating

gettlemanjack

there is nobody in football with a more unjustified rep/mystique than him

He is a QB genius and knows how to manage games and a team, unlike Rivera. Rivera is a great defensive mind and would be a perfect d-coordinator but he can't manage a team. Gruden would do wonders with Cam.

wouldn't you rather have a proven QB coach rather than a 33 year old with zero NFL or NCAA coaching experience?

he has plenty of experience coaching QBs.  What makes a 'proven QB coach?'

I don't have the ability to judge him as a coach, so I can't say either way.  I just know that he's done a lot of QB coaching, and that often times a smart player who doesn't have the physical talent to make it in the next level, makes a very good coach.  Quoting his stats as a player has little to do with his ability as a coach.

He is a QB genius and knows how to manage games and a team, unlike Rivera. Rivera is a great defensive mind and would be a perfect d-coordinator but he can't manage a team. Gruden would do wonders with Cam.

he never developed dick at the QB position in tampa bay the entire time he was coaching there

i mean you remember their training camps right?  he'd bring in like fifteen shitty quarterbacks and whichever turd floated to the top got the starting job.

also the bucs didn't win a single playoff game after the 2002 season when he was there

Cam's QB rating keeps getting worse this season:

100.2, 98.5, 94.9, 84.8, 85.8, 72.6, 61.0, 45.2 (tonight)

Cam v DET: 100.2

Cam v PIT: 98.5

Cam @ BAL: 94.9

Cam v CHI: 84.8

Cam @ CIN: 85.8

Cam @ GB: 72.6

Cam v SEA: 61.0

Cam v NO: 45.2

Should be start thinking about hiring a real QB coach?

Cam's QB rating keeps getting worse this season:

100.2, 98.5, 94.9, 84.8, 85.8, 72.6, 61.0, 45.2 (tonight)

Cam v DET: 100.2

Cam v PIT: 98.5

Cam @ BAL: 94.9

Cam v CHI: 84.8

Cam @ CIN: 85.8

Cam @ GB: 72.6

Cam v SEA: 61.0

Cam v NO: 45.2

Should be start thinking about hiring a real QB coach?

yes

This thread is ridiculous. Dorsey is far from the problem here. He and Cam have a fantastic working relationship.

buddies and friends are cool. I know Ken and Cam are old buds. But man, let's get a proven QB coach over some 33-year-old buddie of Cam. We can still keep Ken on the payroll as a scout. Win-win

Archived