• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoff hopes?

tmm161

If you are anticipating a playoff run more or less after watching last night's practice I am laughing out loud in your face...right now.

If you have no "playoff hopes" you need to log off and find another sport or at the least another team...right now.

this time without sarcasm... :svengo:

Look, the primary reason for playing the first 2 pre-season games is to evaluate the non-starters. The starters get in to shake off the rust for a few plays. The main thing as far as the starters go is to get them off the field healthy. I took away some good things last night. I LOVED the blocked punt. I hated the many turnovers. Ideally, we'll leave the turnovers in the pre-season. We shall see...

Go 'Cats!

In other words, since we are playing the Giants during the regular season, we showed even less than we would have during a normal first game of the preseason.

And it will be the exact same in the Mia game for the same reason. I expected them to look kind of garbagy last night.

I have to say I don't really get playing a team in preseason that you play in the regular season though. The teams decide who they play in the preseason games themselves.

If they look like total ish (I don't mean they lose but that they look like crap all around) in the third game I will start to be concerned.

my thoughts on it arethat we havent had a winning season coming off a winnig season that is why i posted this. Im hoping we can beat the odds. we have to be optimistic. Maybe jake wasnt done with the turnovers last season. 'get them all out jake". "get them out now."

Well I know it is a little early, But we all know our past.. Are we going to be a playoff contending team. let alone a nfc south threat. are we going to repeat last year? What is everyones thoughts.

...I think we will lose the NFC championship game to the Eagles with Michael Vick leading the winning drive...

But we didn't win, how can you expect to do anything in the regular season if you can't even get it done in the preseason. I mean uh what are we gonna do, forget it let's switch to the 3-4, fire Fox, and trade for Vick because without him playing running back..hmmm excuse me..I mean quarterback what the hell are we gonna do this year.

/end sarcasm rant drinks beer plays madden

And it will be the exact same in the Mia game for the same reason. I expected them to look kind of garbagy last night.

I have to say I don't really get playing a team in preseason that you play in the regular season though. The teams decide who they play in the preseason games themselves.

If they look like total ish (I don't mean they lose but that they look like crap all around) in the third game I will start to be concerned.

I'm with you. I hate when we play someone in preseason that we will face during the regular season. For some teams it wouldn't be so bad, but Fox is so conservative and likes to play things close to the vest, so doesn't really open things up in those games. I guess it may be smart from a coaching standpoint, but from a fan perspective, it kind of sucks.

One good thing with Miami though, they have nowhere near the talent level of the Giants, so hopefully we'll see a better game. And I'm sure the coaching staff will have these guys all fired up after such a sloppy game, so I'm hoping for better execution and hopefully a much more entertaining time for us fans.

If you notice the Panthers play the sames teams all the time in the preseason. I think part of it is the relationship between the owners (especially the Steelers) but the other half is that in these "practices" the coaches need to get along as well. Don't think for one second that Fox and Coughlin didn't talk to each other before (and it wouldn't surprise me if they it during) the game. It happens that way all the time in high school and college. My wife who is a athlectic training would work the early season scrimmages and the two coaches would be on the same frequency talking about what type of situations they wanted to run so they could evaluate different players.

If you notice the Panthers play the sames teams all the time in the preseason. I think part of it is the relationship between the owners (especially the Steelers) but the other half is that in these "practices" the coaches need to get along as well. Don't think for one second that Fox and Coughlin didn't talk to each other before (and it wouldn't surprise me if they it during) the game. It happens that way all the time in high school and college. My wife who is a athlectic training would work the early season scrimmages and the two coaches would be on the same frequency talking about what type of situations they wanted to run so they could evaluate different players.

Very interesting.

Thanks for the share mate.

most of you guys are right on it. Fox is not gonna show his cards in the pre-season, much less to a team in which we will face later in the year. I guess you could say our first string was going through the motions, then the 2,3, and 4 guys went out there and just played some 'football', trying to make plays and make the team. yes, i agree, it is boring to watch at times, but something tells me there's more to that playbook than meets the eye. you will see them open it up week 3 against the ravens, more than likely. it's just too early too even think about playoffs right now, imo.

Archived