• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beat writers speculate on DT help

Mr. Scot

Why dont we take a look at Vonnie Holiday. I know he is kind of old, but he still has some good years left I bet. He was great with Miami over the last few years. I hear he is talking with the Patriots, and if they are looking at him, then he has got to have something left.

isnt he a DE?

Corey Williams has a six-year deal worth $38 million, with $16.3 in guaranteed. So once he was traded I'm assuming the remaining salary would be $21.7M but one year already played. So his salary this year would be $3.62M I don't think we have that much cap room. My math may be off but I don't think we can afford him.

I think that Beason will do some hurting, not the other way around.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&resnum=0&q=jon%20beason%20giants&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Go to 00:42 on the video. The Giants OG hits Beason in the knees and knocks him down, and that springs the run. Beason vrs OGs is a bad matchup for us, they will injure him at some point. Not good.

No, we aren't trading any of our RBs. Period. I'm not going to name of the dozens of reasons why it would be a bad idea. If that happened, I would go to Charlotte and personally bitch slap Fox.

I'd agree.

its one preseason game. teams haven't even made there first cuts yet. calm down. someone will be signed/traded for. but stewart will not be traded. the value he brings to this team is greater than any DT we could trade him for.

Yep.

I would trade either Diggs, Rosario or McCown along with a 3rd or 4th round pick for a solid DT.

Conner could step in for Diggs, Rosario is our 3rd string TE and I don't think McCown is any better/worse than Moore.

Diggs or Rosario I could get behind as there are guys who could potentially step in already on roster. I'd rather keep McCown. The prospects for replacing him are nothing special.

I'm watching the waiver wire for one name, Chris Baker. A rookie out of Hampton University currently signed with the Broncos as a udfa. 6'2" 326, he can fit into that run-stopper role pretty well. He was solid at the combine, and if he gets cut we should jump all over him.

Corey Williams has a six-year deal worth $38 million, with $16.3 in guaranteed. So once he was traded I'm assuming the remaining salary would be $21.7M but one year already played. So his salary this year would be $3.62M I don't think we have that much cap room. My math may be off but I don't think we can afford him.

I'm not sure where I saw it but there was a report that said that his cap hit for Carolina would only be like 1.7million for this year because the Browns would have to absorb his signing bonus and such. However, his cap number would jump to around 6million (I really can't remember the extact number) next season. With that being said I really think that Kemo and Lewis are gone after this season and their combined numbers are huge and that would allow for his contract.

I'm not sure where I saw it but there was a report that said that his cap hit for Carolina would only be like 1.7million for this year because the Browns would have to absorb his signing bonus and such. However, his cap number would jump to around 6million (I really can't remember the extact number) next season. With that being said I really think that Kemo and Lewis are gone after this season and their combined numbers are huge and that would allow for his contract.

Kemo is not going anywhere. As you see right now we are horrible without him!!!! Now Lewis I could get behind. IMO he is not a starter and never was. Maybe we will get lucky and the Raiders will cut Terrell Sands. They said he was trade bate early in the year so maybe we will have some luck.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&resnum=0&q=jon%20beason%20giants&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Go to 00:42 on the video. The Giants OG hits Beason in the knees and knocks him down, and that springs the run. Beason vrs OGs is a bad matchup for us, they will injure him at some point. Not good.

we have tutan reyes to thank for that one.

Archived