• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beat writers speculate on DT help

Mr. Scot

Only because DLo was not injured. If DLo stays healthy all season, we won't need Goodson to be the man. Stewart was a beast in college. Goodson is still an enigma. His numbers in college declined each year and never lived up to his potential. I am not ready to hang our season on a guy with physical potential that has never delivered.

this.

They won't trade Stew this year.

Picks are the trade bait for a DT.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start our draft in the 3rd round this year.

If we were willing to give up a 2nd, we better get a stud in return.

I see a 3rd or 4th rd pick for a starter quality DT as more likely.

its one preseason game. teams haven't even made there first cuts yet. calm down. someone will be signed our traded for. but stewart will not be traded. the value he brings to this team is greater than any DT we could trade him for.

Um, not really.

A team with Williams and Stewart as your top backs with Lewis and Hayden as your top DTs is not nearly as good as a team with Williams and Goodson as your top backs with Lewis and someone like a Kevin Williams as your top starting DTs (since you did say *any* DT).

Um, not really.

A team with Williams and Stewart as your top backs with Lewis and Hayden as your top DTs is not nearly as good as a team with Williams and Goodson as your top backs with Lewis and someone like a Kevin Williams as your top starting DTs (since you did say *any* DT).

now your not even being realistic.

Their is no way the giants are kepping all these guys

Alford, Jay

Bryant, Anthony

Canty, Chris

Clark, Jeremy

Cofield, Barry

Douzable, Leger

Robbins, Fred

Benard, Rocky

These are all their DT add in the fact they have Osi, Kiwanuka, Tuck, Sintim on their DE rotation they will not carry 10 dlinemen.

Hayden got pushed around, he's not anywhere near the answer at DT.... it's not clear he belongs in the NFL at this point.

I liked Favorite, but he was playing against the 3rd and 4th string offense where it's much easier to look good.

I don't want someone's cast off, I want this team to execute a trade for a legit DT... we're already missing a 1st round pick this year, so let's cough up a few more draft picks and go for broke. There's still a good chance we may end up trading Peppers this offseason anyways, in which case we would recoup some of our missing picks. This is a good team with a GAPING hole at DT, 4 carries for 41 yards and a TD is unacceptable, I don't care if it is a pre-season game. Come on Hurney, pull the trigger!

Why dont we take a look at Vonnie Holiday. I know he is kind of old, but he still has some good years left I bet. He was great with Miami over the last few years. I hear he is talking with the Patriots, and if they are looking at him, then he has got to have something left.

Archived