• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beat writers speculate on DT help

Mr. Scot

If you can get a defensive tackle roughly as talented as Stewart is at running back, why is it a bad idea? As much as I like the idea of Smash Dash Slash, realistically, one of those players isn't going to see many snaps. You don't trade a rookie and it would be dumb to trade the best back in the league. That only leaves one running back with trade value left.

If you can get a defensive tackle roughly as talented as Stewart is at running back, why is it a bad idea? As much as I like the idea of Smash Dash Slash, realistically, one of those players isn't going to see many snaps. You don't trade a rookie and it would be dumb to trade the best back in the league. That only leaves one running back with trade value left.

No, we aren't trading any of our RBs. Period. I'm not going to name of the dozens of reasons why it would be a bad idea. If that happened, I would go to Charlotte and personally bitch slap Fox.

we are a run first team. without a good running game our offense goes from top 10 to bottom half of the league. Stewart doesn't only give us a good one-two punch in the backfield but hes also an insurance policy if something were to happen to Williams. (God forbid that to happen)

we are a run first team. without a good running game our offense goes from top 10 to bottom half of the league. Stewart doesn't only give us a good one-two punch in the backfield but hes also an insurance policy if something were to happen to Williams. (God forbid that to happen)

Goodson?

Goodson?

why would you give up a 2nd year player that you already know is a beast, for a unproven rookie, who has shown a few flashes that he could be good but has also shown he has problems with holding on to the ball? goodson played pretty good. but im not sold on him yet.

why would you give up a 2nd year player that you already know is a beast, for a unproven rookie, who has shown a few flashes that he could be good but has also shown he has problems with holding on to the ball? goodson played pretty good. but im not sold on him yet.

Because your defensive line is such a joke that if it's left unaddressed then this will be a waste of a season. If they don't get a quality DT or 2 then you might as well start looking to 2010.

A rookie who has not even played a regular season game as our only backup? No thanks.

Not to mention a rookie that put the ball on the carpet twice last night.

I do not see any way that we trade Stewart.

Didn't you just describe the situation we were in at the start of last season? That worked out pretty well didn't it?

Didn't you just describe the situation we were in at the start of last season? That worked out pretty well didn't it?

Only because DLo was not injured. If DLo stays healthy all season, we won't need Goodson to be the man. Stewart was a beast in college. Goodson is still an enigma. His numbers in college declined each year and never lived up to his potential. I am not ready to hang our season on a guy with physical potential that has never delivered.

Because your defensive line is such a joke that if it's left unaddressed then this will be a waste of a season. If they don't get a quality DT or 2 then you might as well start looking to 2010.

its one preseason game. teams haven't even made there first cuts yet. calm down. someone will be signed/traded for. but stewart will not be traded. the value he brings to this team is greater than any DT we could trade him for.

Archived