• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beat writers speculate on DT help

Mr. Scot

I am also all in for Corey Williams and I really believe that a 3rd could do it. They paid a 2nd and that was the last regime. He has had none success in their 3-4.

Glenn Dorsey wont happen and BTW he is a lot less proven that Williams and that is the most important thing if we are gonna trade for a DT he haft to be proven. The next thing is age because Kemo probably has played his last Panther down :(

But what a about the Bears? They have some really good DT´s. I think they will carry 5 DT´s and Idonije,Harris and Gilbert must be the sure thing at DT. The leaves Harrison, Dvoracek and Adams at NT. They aren't monster big neither of them but can play the NT. Plus they come from a scheme much like Meeks.

without cutting major money off our books how could we even afford Dorsey, he got a huge contract as a 1st rnder last yr.

Not that I'm advocating going after Dorsey, but all we would have to pay him this year is his base salary, which probably is not unreasonable. All signing and roster bonuses would stay with the Chiefs.

I really like the idea of Corey Williams since he is probably our best chance of getting someone that is a legitimate starter on a championship level team. Most of the other guys we could pick up are likely solid guys that are better suited to being key backups...although I am certain we could find one that would be a serviceable starter, but I want someone that can legitimately contend to be our starter down the road...kind of like what we found in Chris Harris.

Of course, with all of this said, I don't know where Williams's skills are now, so I am basing this on the fact he was on the elevator going up prior to his trade to the Browns.

I also wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another vet DT as a backup.

Don't know where I posted it, but drafting has put us in this position.

I love the players that we have, but we have not hit on many mid rounders to play on the O line or D line. Maybe we need to do a bit better job of that in our scouting.

Frank Omylian

Goeff Hangartner

Mecedes Babaenuex

Charles Johnson

DT yes, but olinedepth is HARD to keep.

This 'Kemo'DT' problem really started some time ago when the Panthers never replaced Jenkins. With Fox being such a big defensive guy, I am very surprised this was never addressed. Fox took a big gamble last year with going with a very thin DT quality behind Kemo and Lewis. We all saw a big problem with the DL late last season. These problems were much worse when kemo/Lewis were out, but even when they were in, the interior of the DL was still not stopping the run. The truth is the Panthers should have been looking for Kemo & Lewis backups and/or replacements aggressively in the off-season. I know they drafted Irvin in the 3rd, but I don't think he is ready to be a starter.

Players get hurt in the NFL, and to have to be scrambling at the last minute to find someone in such a key area is surprising. It is similar to the situation the Panthers were in a few years ago with the O-Line. Remember Matt Willig? Hopefully they can find someone quickly but they may have to mortgage the 2010 draft to do it.

Archived