• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Greatest Play (that never happened)

Mr. Scot

Had to work, so coworkers and I followed the game on ESPN Gamecast.

With 10 seconds left, we were laughing that it was tied. All of us figured the team would go for a Hail Mary on the last play, and we even thought the Giants might let 'em get it just to keep the game from going into OT.

After a wait just short of forever, the Gamecast gave us a final score - Panthers 24, Giants 17 :cool:

This (paraphrased) was the breakdown of the final play:

(:10) H.Cantwell sacked at CAR 14 for -4 yards (L.Douzable). FUMBLES [L.Douzable], recovered by J. Geisinger. J. Geisinger for 82 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

All of us were incredulous :eek:

We figured the Giants had just let him score to end the game, but I still couldn't wait to get home and see that highlight on tape. The running gag was that there was no way a Big Ugly ran 82 yards in 10 seconds, 10 minutes maybe :lol:

Unfortunately, Gamecast eventually corrected itself and we saw the truth.

If only... :D

We figured the Giants had just let him score to end the game, but I still couldn't wait to get home and see that highlight on tape. The running gag was that there was no way a Big Ugly ran 82 yards in 10 seconds, 10 minutes maybe :lol:

Unfortunately, Gamecast eventually corrected itself and we saw the truth.

If only... :D

The game doesn't end on the clock, it ends on the play. The game wasn't over until he was tackled, OOB, or scored, even if it did take 10 minutes after the clock expired.

Archived