• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

E BRown. What you think?

tmm161

Brown doubled a lot, which I took as a good sign. It was his first ever live action at this level, so I thought he looked pretty decent. I'd like to see Brown with Peppers on the field more so Pep will get the majority of the attention.

Man, I was really surprised at how often they doubled him. I think people are expecting too much if they're looking for a rookie DE to beat double teams in his first ever NFL game. He looked pretty good to me when he got a one on one match-up. Hell, he was about as effective as Peppers, Brayton, or Johnson. That whole starting defense looked like they were running in quicksand to me.

BTW, that Stintim kid did look good, but he was also being matched up one on one with a TE most of the time...any good DE should win that battle.

Here's what I saw from the first game:

Pros: Very high motor. He just kept coming, and even in the 4th quarter kept going at it with all he has. He has some moves and can get out into open space, but is still having trouble locating the QB and taking advantage of his moves by closing the gap and breaking from the blocker.

Cons: It's obvious his size and strength was an issue, especially against the 1st team. There several plays where I saw him overpowered, and a couple where he was downright pushed into the ground.

Archived