• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

E BRown. What you think?

tmm161

He looks more like a Jack LB in a 3-4 defense. We could run one hell of a 3-4 here with the players we have, except we don't have a big Ted Washington NT. I miss seeing that monster out there for the Pats. Nobody pushed that guy around. For our cover-2, we need a DT combo like the Jags had in John Henderson and Marcus Stroud. My god those guys scared the poo out of every QB/RB/FB/OL in the NFL.

I like his game. There is no secret he is undersized at DE, but he keeps the motor going at all times. His spin move needs to be refined he seems to take himself out of position when he uses it. When he gets tangled up with the T he has trouble gaining seperation, but with his speed and looked to be arsenal of moves he will have noproblem getting pressure on the QB a few times a game.

Another thing that showed up with his lack of size when he did get to the QB last night he had some trouble getting him down. Now imagine him trying to take Big Ben or anotehr QB with size down. He needs to work on his "Richard Marshall" twist to bring guys to the ground faster.

On the good side he played with energy and kept trying. But what I saw was why I don't oount on rookie DEs to start right away. He has a lot to learn and was largely handled by the second string tackles. He got his sack against fourth stringers. So far he is where I thought he would be. A long way from being a starter.

Agreed. The telling plays happened when the tackle got his hands on Brown. Once that happened, Brown really struggled to get seperation. A bigger guy might be able to break that now and then.

Overall though, I don't think he was a bad draft pick.

On the good side he played with energy and kept trying. But what I saw was why I don't oount on rookie DEs to start right away. He has a lot to learn and was largely handled by the second string tackles. He got his sack against fourth stringers. So far he is where I thought he would be. A long way from being a starter.

He got his sack against Beatty who is 2nd string.

Archived