• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A thread just for Nicholas Rembrandt Hayden Esq.

Sam Mills Fan

While he has no place in any starting lineup in the league, I actually felt bad for him out there tonight. *Every* other starter out there only had to play about a quarter while old Foxy made him suffer all the way through to halftime. What was that all about? Was it just because he's not a "real" starter? I agree with that, he obviously sucks I mean I could probably knock him 10 yards off the ball myself, but it was almost like Fox was trying to humiliate him.

He was horrible but he wasn't just getting pushed around for nothing. He was giving a 100% IMO. He got some good penatration on many occasions but just couldn't sustain it with any lower body strength.

Good for him. I too could go out there and give it my all and get thrown around like I was a Gossip Girl for much less than what Nick Hayden is making, even if he's dirt-cheap by NFL standards.

Really? Does no one but me think that Lewis is horrible. I thought he played worse than Hayden considering that Lewis is a 9 year vet and a returning starter.

To be honest, I thought Hayden was so bad it was hard to concentrate on any other Panther defender out there. I'll take your word for it though, I've always thought of Lewis as a serviceable rotation tackle that really shouldn't be starting either.

Really? Does no one but me think that Lewis is horrible. I thought he played worse than Hayden considering that Lewis is a 9 year vet and a returning starter.

lewis isn't the greatest, and he is certainly not an anchor. But he is our best DT on the roster and the most experienced. Everybody behind him needs as many reps as possible we need to pull at least one rotational guy from the mass of scrubs we have right now.

Good for him. I too could go out there and give it my all and get thrown around like I was a Gossip Girl for much less than what Nick Hayden is making, even if he's dirt-cheap by NFL standards.

Don't get me wrong he played horrible. He really has no place being a DT in the NFL but thats not his fault that the Panthers thought he did. And like I said, he did show IMO a certain skill set. When he came off of the line his speed and upper body strength allowed him to get an intitial push up the middle. The problem was that his size and more importantly a lack of lower body strength would not allow him to continue that initial push or sustain it. At that point he was being pushed around like a rag doll. I saw this last year so I was expecting much worse from him tonight.

And by the way, the reason I mentioned that he at least was giving 100% was because IMO Lewis looked so luthargic it was just pissing me off. The one play were he actually broke through the line and then pulled up just to stare into Eli's eyes as he lobed a pass over his head was the worse. And after 9 season of playing DT shouldn't throwing your hands into the air to at least try to deflect the pass be instint? Lewis is as much of a joke as a starter then Hayden is.

Archived