• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

thread on main page of SEA forum: "How do the hawks stop Greg Olsen on sunday?"

gettlemanjack

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99449&sid=f77c7ab9c5b10e0efe9bea17d5948cd0

some replies:

>You cant expect to stop him, you can only expect to contain him.

>I am hoping he drops some passes at crucial points, but a linebacker (or 2) stepping up would be better. Have we ever put a corner on a tight end? I know our corner depth is depleted, so that might not even be an option.

>Hopefully, dropsies will help to limit the damage. I'll be pushing pins into the Olsen voodoo doll on sunday.

>this year we've been owned by TEs.

>The guy has looked slow lately, and the presumable ankle injuries are taking their toll on an aging TE. Prime Olsen would man handle this team right now. Current Olsen seems manageable.

>He has been good this year.

>wat? he has more recptions and yards than any TE in the league and 3rd in touchdowns behind gates and thomas. . .doesn't seem like he's hobbled too severely by father time....

>Its coming, watch. His catches against GB were from a slow man not being covered well. Vontaze Burfit has already done the damage. Next week will show a lot.

Poor Olsen.

>The last time we played them, Olsen was open a number of times but Cam wasn't even looking that way. I expect that to change. ...They will target Olsen a lot.

>Hope he misses the bus to the game. Idk. Greg's gonna get his yards. Id worry more about getting pressure on Cam so Greg doesn't have a 3 TD game ala Gates.

>I am really worried about Olsen

>Sweep the leg!

>Answer: We don't/ can't stop Olsen tomorrow. Huge Hawks fan here, but let's face it. Cam & Co. are going to rip us a new one tomorrow. I'm calling it 48-17 Panthers.

The guy calling Greg slow and aging is a moron.  Today on NFL network they were talking about this exact subject. Seattle couldn't cover tight ends. They have given up 7 TDs to TE this year already.

48 - 17 I wouldn't go that far but I think Norwell is going to spark the line with a little pride and the OLine has a good game.  The defense pulls their head out of their ass and have four solid quarters of performance and we win a good matchup.

Go Panthers

The guy calling Greg slow and aging is a moron. Today on NFL network they were talking about this exact subject. Seattle couldn't cover tight ends. They have given up 7 TDs to TE this year already.

48 - 17 I wouldn't go that far but I think Norwell is going to spark the line with a little pride and the OLine has a good game. The defense pulls their head out of their ass and have four solid quarters of performance and we win a good matchup.

Go Panthers

The guy is funny about olsen being old, his YAC says otherwise. If cam jas protection, we're good. If not a long fugin day.

David Newton, ESPN:

"Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen is having a career season. The Seattle Seahawks are having a nightmarish season against tight ends.

there’s no denying the tight end has been an effective weapon against the Seahawks. Seattle has given up a league-high eight touchdowns against tight ends (worst in NFL) and opposing quarterbacks have a rating of 99.1 -- only two teams have allowed a higher rating -- when throwing to the tight end (3rd-worst in NFL).

Tight ends have a compiled completion percentage of 73.7 against Seattle, according to ESPN Stats and information. Only five teams have allowed a higher percentage.

There’s every reason to think Olsen will be a major weapon on Sunday. He leads all NFL tight ends in receiving yards with 493 and is tied with Chicago’s Martellus Bennett for first in catches with 41.

Olsen is coming off a regular-season career-high 105 yards on eight catches in Sunday’s 38-17 loss to Green Bay."

Archived