• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The good and the bad

XxDeputyxX

The good:

-No injuries

-D Will (no surprise)

-Goodson...that man has some excellent speed. Needs to cut down on the fumbles though. I'm sure a big part was nerves.

-Leman, he can lay some wood! I loved his high energy tonight! Would be a great special teams player

-Brown showed a little of a pass rush

-We were shown the team played with heart at the end!

The bad:

-The offense wasn't in sync.

-We really showed how bad were in need of a DT tonight.

-Could not take care of the football!!!

-Defense was no where near up to par.

The overall good news...it's the preseason :D

Other opinions?

The good:

Goodson has ability, just needs to hold on to the ball

Leman was everywhere

Brown played pretty good

Wesley showed why he's still currently #3 on the depth chart

K.Moore and Cherry had nice catches

Barnidge is our #2 TE

Davie might become our 3rd TE

Anderson had a good game

The Bad:

Delhomme and McCown played bad

Cadogan dissapointed me

It was shown tonight why DT was and still is a glaring hole

Rosario still can't block

Hayden still gets man handled

Martin has alot to improve on

The good:

Leman was everywhere

Brown played pretty good

Barnidge is our #2 TE

Anderson had a good game

The Bad:

Cadogan dissapointed me

Davie had one catch..he is still camp fodder..and wesley was ok

Delhomme will obviously be around until Fox croaks but McCown had maybe one or two good plays that I can remember (I THINK).

I thought the offense was fine, but ALL of the QB's could not hold onto the ball and/or avoid defenders!

The Good (imo)

Mike Goodson

Hunter Cantwell (showed alot of poise on that last TD drive)

Larry Beavers

Dante Wesley showing people that he can still play coverage

Everette Brown put good pressure on the QB at times

The Bad

Jake Delhomme, Matt Moore, and Josh McCown all looked shaky and bad.

We couldnt take care of the football

Tackling, Tackling, Tackling (lack of)

The Good:

-Williams and Goodson running the ball

-Kenny Moore, I really like this guy.

-Barnidge is emerging as the star TE

-Duke looked good and so did a couple of the 2nd half o-line backups. There is talent there they just need to get experience.

-DE played great, especially Brown and Taylor stepping it up as younger guys

-LB position is stacted, wow, who know Leman was so good. And Dan Conner is going to be a beast once he gets a chance. And how about Anderson and I'm not talking about the blocked punt yet.

-I liked what I saw in the progression of Martin and Wilson. Not yet good players but I like where they are heading.

-Wesley played great, he could end up being the starting nickle

-Punting was very consistant which is always good for our ST

-Speaking of ST, Anderson, Leman, Marshall, Conner, Wesley, Teal. We may have found some good backups / ST guys.

The Bad:

-Yeah, the QB play was shoty but it had some bright spots. As for Jake, without Smitty he just isn't the same QB.

-Jarrett and Moose both looked a bit lazy to me. Of course it is the preseason.

-Rosario may be trade bait now...thank god for that TD in San Diego last year...

-Shwarts really struggled but there were some bright spots. Remember that Hangarter did the same thing when surrounded by other 2nd stringers. I hope, like Hangman, he can shine when Vincent is beside of him.

-Did Harris forget how to tackle and then teach Godfrey the same thing? The backup safetys actually showed up the starters tonight.

-Tackling was very bad from the starters and 2nd string but I don't really think it was all their fault....

-Hayden actually impressed me with his upper body strength and his speed. He actually got a good push most of the time. The problem was he really lacks in lower body strength and it showed as he was then pushed around like a rag doll. Still, as bad as it was, it was better than I was expecting. Thats not a good thing so its a bad thing. This also caused a lot of second level blocking and clipping that caught even Beason off gaurd many times.

-The return game looked very average. I hate to say it but I think the ones of us that thought letting Mark Jones walk was a bad idea may end up with a "I told you so..."

And The Ugly:

-Jason Carter should be cut from the team tonight. I also say some alagator arms from some of the other "young and up and coming" wide outs. In the NFL speed isn't everything.

-If Damion Lewis really is the best DT we have then we are screwed. There is a reason he was a rotational guy for three seasons. At best he is second string.

-Maybe it was just me but I really didn't see this "swarming to the ball" philosiphy tonight. It could be the DT problem is effecting that but for me I didn't see it and I was wanting to.

-Turnovers! This is preseason so how it effected the game means nothing. You just shouldn't have them at all.

Good:

Goodson in the second half

Lemon

DWill

Kenneth Moore

James Anderson

Dan Connor

Hunter Cantwell

Decent

None of our draft picks played particularly great or poorly, except for Goodson.

Matt Moore showed some more nice mobility.

Bad

Nick Hayden (went from projected starter to not making the team lol)

Jake Delhomme (moral victory! no pick!!)

Geoff Schwartz

Dwayne Jarrett

Charles Godfrey

Mike Goodson in the first half

Ryne Robinson (not sure he's going to make the team)

Julius Peppers

Dante Rosario

Jason Carter

The good:

Leman was everywhere

Brown played pretty good

Barnidge is our #2 TE

Anderson had a good game

The Bad:

Cadogan dissapointed me

:eek: What?? Westley was getting picked on cause of his horrible coverage. Not only did he give his man a mile but he also let him separate. After that he lost the ball and if it was not for a bad throw from Carr he would have been burnt for a big gain.

:eek: What?? Westley was getting picked on cause of his horrible coverage. Not only did he give his man a mile but he also let him separate. After that he lost the ball and if it was not for a bad throw from Carr he would have been burnt for a big gain.

He had good coverage the whole game! When they threw to his side, he was there to break up the pass. He's definately better than Wilson, Martin, and Munnerlyn right now.

He had good coverage the whole game! When they threw to his side, he was there to break up the pass. He's definately better than Wilson, Martin, and Munnerlyn right now.

Your crazy.... He was beat by slants on several plays and when he did say with his man Carr was off on a pass and the WR could not catch it. Westley lost the ball and was looking at the ground not the WR or for the ball. His coverage was as about as good as it has ever been but thats not saying much. Martin gave up a pass and Munnerlyn did also but they are Rookies not a 8 year vet. They played well for there first game ever.....

Archived