• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on tonights game

dpanthersman

Alot of people are against having so many preseason games but I think they are a valuable tool.....like one poster said; if we see this kind of performance against the Ravens and Steelers then we need to really get concerned......fwiw I think that we have some future stars on this squad and I think it's going to be an exciting year.

There was no "game" last night. The practice went pretty well. I saw what I thought I would see. Nothing surprised me negatively or positively. Goodson (I was almost ready to call him Godson from all the camp reports) is human after all. Carter is just not going to ever happen. Jake is still Jake. There were some bright spots with the backup linebackers that made it entertaining at times. The 2nd half was more fun to watch as is the case with these type practices every year. Nothing is more fun than to watch a group of people in the physical act of fighting for their job.

Our team is average to above average talent-wise as are most teams in the league. We looked prepared for the most part (ahem..Jarret) if you consider that there was no game prep or scheming, just who is on what unit and how those calls are executed.

If you are feeling any emotion outside of happy that a starter did not go down and that our coach is smart enough to rest the "injured" starters you are wasting your energy IMO.

Last night the Panthers had a great practice. To the coaching staff everything that happened during that practice was positive. Positive because it focuses them in their fine tuning efforts of what gets on the field against the Eagles in a couple weeks.

Nothing happened that stresses need for a huge trade for a stud DT or we might as well wash away the season (lmao @ DG's Dorsey remarks).

Nothing happened by any stretch that guaranteed a losing season for the Panthers.

lets see, the colts got ran over 13-3 in their pre-season opener in their own house.....and i think manning got sacked 3 times. I wonder if the sky is falling for their fanbase? probably not. Personally, i do not put too much stock into the pre-season. We really need to upgrade the DT pos. and keep your eyes on Kennth Moore, he will make the team, barring injury. Saw him play alot at Wake, being from Winston Salem. The Panthers are gonna be alright.

There was no "game" last night. The practice went pretty well. I saw what I thought I would see. Nothing surprised me negatively or positively. Goodson (I was almost ready to call him Godson from all the camp reports) is human after all. Carter is just not going to ever happen. Jake is still Jake. There were some bright spots with the backup linebackers that made it entertaining at times. The 2nd half was more fun to watch as is the case with these type practices every year. Nothing is more fun than to watch a group of people in the physical act of fighting for their job.

Our team is average to above average talent-wise as are most teams in the league. We looked prepared for the most part (ahem..Jarret) if you consider that there was no game prep or scheming, just who is on what unit and how those calls are executed.

If you are feeling any emotion outside of happy that a starter did not go down and that our coach is smart enough to rest the "injured" starters you are wasting your energy IMO.

Last night the Panthers had a great practice. To the coaching staff everything that happened during that practice was positive. Positive because it focuses them in their fine tuning efforts of what gets on the field against the Eagles in a couple weeks.

Nothing happened that stresses need for a huge trade for a stud DT or we might as well wash away the season (lmao @ DG's Dorsey remarks).

Nothing happened by any stretch that guaranteed a losing season for the Panthers.

Last night, in practice......John Fox's projected starters got abused on defense. Just about in every aspect and just about the entire defensive roster. I don't think Fox is thinking to himself that was a "good" practice......

Last night, in practice......John Fox's projected starters got abused on defense. Just about in every aspect and just about the entire defensive roster. I don't think Fox is thinking to himself that was a "good" practice......

I think you are looking at it all wrong but that is completely up to you. You cannot win a practice. You cannot lose a practice. If you think last night was a practice and you understand what a practice is then you understand that the more wrongs that get exposed against outside competition the better you can prepare your team.

Blowing through practice does not mean you are any good and often times causes ill-preparation for the season.. i.e. the 2008-2009 Detroit Lions and the worst season ever in history.

Players got blown up and players missed some key assignments in a shiny new defense without two veteran starters. The offense was missing a few key players too and really looked pretty rag-tag out there with the starting WR's (and all that followed) and the RB's after D-Will.

Again, any emotion outside of relieved that we got through it without serious injury is a complete waste of energy.

relax

The Giants have arguably the best offensive line in football. Combine that with a vanilla/generic defense you are going to see what happened last night. Other than 2 plays where hayden was physically abused, he held his gaps fairly well. Sky's not falling.

The Giants have arguably the best offensive line in football. Combine that with a vanilla/generic defense you are going to see what happened last night. Other than 2 plays where hayden was physically abused, he held his gaps fairly well. Sky's not falling.

the giants had some of there starters out ..Hayden got pushed around plain and simple we need another DT

The Giants have arguably the best offensive line in football.

I agree with your sentiment and do wholeheartedly agree with crolls (???) post about this just being a practice and nothing to get excited or get discouraged about....but do have to point out that the Giants were playing without both of their Pro Bowl/All Pro level guards (Seubert and Snee).

The Giants have arguably the best offensive line in football.

As an Eagles fan who is already questioning their ability to stop the run, that scares me. I don't think the Panthers were that bad, I think the Giants may be that good. Not only are they good, they have depth in those important line positions. They have done a great job building that up.

I agree with your sentiment and do wholeheartedly agree with crolls (???) post about this just being a practice and nothing to get excited or get discouraged about....but do have to point out that the Giants were playing without both of their Pro Bowl/All Pro level guards (Seubert and Snee).

I see what you are saying. But realistically the Giants have crazy depth on both sides of the line. Other than peppers there entire second string defense line could start for us. The G-Men offensive line is just as deep(although for running the football I think our starters overall are better than theirs).

As an Eagles fan who is already questioning their ability to stop the run, that scares me. I don't think the Panthers were that bad, I think the Giants may be that good. Not only are they good, they have depth in those important line positions. They have done a great job building that up.

Yea both defense and offense lines are beastly. Their d-line was abusing our o-line all night, including first string.

Archived