• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on tonights game

dpanthersman

Kemo is not the only reason we looked like crap on D. Poor basic fundamentals. Same old crap obviously is going to be forced into Meek' system.....I mean could you even count the number of times we gave the 10-15 yard cushion? He didn't do that in Indy.....we can't rely on the front 4 even w/ signing an average DT.

Offensively we will be fine.

I think the D will take a step backwards.....and that is too much for this team to be legit competitors imo.

few observations:

Geoff Schwartz is too slow to be playing RT, would be more productive on the inside

DT, it's a good thing our LB's are fast cause they will be compensating for the lack of talent in the trenches

Jarrett is still not impressive and I miss Ricky Proehl

at least the running game looked good

There was no effort evident by the first team on both sides of the ball. The coach didn't seem to give a crap about the performance and the players seem to reflect this attitude. I love the aggressive and passionate play of several players who are trying to make the team. I don't think one quarter of play is too much to ask to see a little heart from the leaders on the team. Going back to the Arizona game I think I have seen five quarters of unwatchable football from the Panthers. The D-Line needs to be addressed. Connor needs to get some reps with the starters next week.

Overall the game was a little rough for me. I know it is early but I really am worried about our ability to stop the run. Early in the game, the G men ran all over us.

Positives: D-Willy reminded me how great he is (we have a solid run game), Moore looked good and may provide a solid 4th reciever, Goodson I thought was good. I know about the fumbles but his speed could give a third back that could provide insurance for an injury to Willy or Stewart, Wesley looked solid at corner maybe the nickle spot, I really liked Connor. This guy could provide added depth to the LB unit

Negatives: Still nothing out of Jarrett. I really expected to see him improved as the word has been out of camp, The backup O-line looked terrible. We need at least 1 or 2 guys to back up a solid starting unit, Hayden pushed completely off the line along with the rest of the interior d. We are really in trouble against the run, Not sold on Brown. Looked so-so against the starters from NY

I am still excited about the season. I think once our starters get back in full, the offense will be really good. However, the defense really worries me. The last 6 games of last year we struggled to stop the run and we really did not address that in the off season. May have to outscore people and running the ball and the clock will be a key.

Nothing out of Jarrett? He was given poo the entire game, he may have long arms but Jake has to get the ball within arms length. The fact that he was thrown to at least 3-4 times means he is earning more trust.

Brown was only okay against the starters, but he was good against the rest, which means he is in between levels and shows promise. What did you expect out of him? Runningback is really the only rookie position that you can expect instant translation of skills.

Archived