• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on tonights game

dpanthersman

i think the running game will be good and add goodson even better BUT are D looks ugly we need a starting DT badly then jake he looked bad really bad i didnt see 1 good pass maybe 1 to hoover and that was it but our D needs to learn how to tackle better

i think the running game will be good and add goodson even better BUT are D looks ugly we need a starting DT badly then jake he looked bad really bad i didnt see 1 good pass maybe 1 to hoover and that was it but our D needs to learn how to tackle better

im not too worried about our offense, well be fine there. and jake will be fine. i think the first team just wanted to get some reps and get off the field without injuries.

i totally agree about the DT situation. we need to address that

1) Too many fumbles. Too many picks. Too many penalties.

2) QBs: Jake and Moore looked OK, Cantwell looked bad, then good, then bad. McCown looked awful.

3) We won't win five games unless we shore up the defensive tackle position.

4) Why was CJ Wilson starting? He's terrible and he showed it.

5) Still too lax in pass coverage.

6) James Anderson = Panthers' MVP of the game. A sack and a blocked punt for a safety.

7) Mike Goodson has some skills but needs to learn to protect the ball.

8) Worst MNF coverage I've ever seen. If it isn't about the sacred Giants, Vick, Favre or the Wildcat, it doesn't matter. "Deshaun Williams?" "Meakee Kaymoattu?" Get a roster people.

9) Stupid call to end the game. Absolutely stupid. But neither coach wanted to go into OT. Obviously Fox wanted to even less to have a brain fart like that. That's bush league.

10) Everette Brown looked solid.

11) Buh-bye Jason Carter.

12) Nice game by Barnidge, Jake looked to him a lot and he caught passes.

A lot of work needs to be done, but I'm confident we'll have most these problems fixed by week 1. Most of these problems are minor problems that can be fixed with just a little more time and practice. The only huge problem we have is the DT position and I'm confident the front office will fix that in time.

Some of you that are panicking from preseason game 1 makes me laugh hard.

We SUCK...generally...

It's the PRESEASON! It was the first week of the preseason, there was no gameplan set. Pretty much backyard football, call 'em like you see 'em. Not to mention we have a new D Coord, we didn't have Smitty and we didn't have J-Stew!

Hidden

A lot of work needs to be done, but I'm confident we'll have most these problems fixed by week 1. Most of these problems are minor problems that can be fixed with just a little more time and practice. The only huge problem we have is the DT position and I'm confident the front office will fix that in time.

Some of you that are panicking from preseason game 1 makes me laugh hard.

Overall the game was a little rough for me. I know it is early but I really am worried about our ability to stop the run. Early in the game, the G men ran all over us.

Positives: D-Willy reminded me how great he is (we have a solid run game), Moore looked good and may provide a solid 4th reciever, Goodson I thought was good. I know about the fumbles but his speed could give a third back that could provide insurance for an injury to Willy or Stewart, Wesley looked solid at corner maybe the nickle spot, I really liked Connor. This guy could provide added depth to the LB unit

Negatives: Still nothing out of Jarrett. I really expected to see him improved as the word has been out of camp, The backup O-line looked terrible. We need at least 1 or 2 guys to back up a solid starting unit, Hayden pushed completely off the line along with the rest of the interior d. We are really in trouble against the run, Not sold on Brown. Looked so-so against the starters from NY

I am still excited about the season. I think once our starters get back in full, the offense will be really good. However, the defense really worries me. The last 6 games of last year we struggled to stop the run and we really did not address that in the off season. May have to outscore people and running the ball and the clock will be a key.

I think its obvious we need help at the DT spot. Hayden shouldn't even be on the team...however Favorite and Irvin played much better with the second team. As a whole I thought the defense played really soft which is typical but I've heard a lot of people talk about how Meeks runs a pretty vanilla defense...I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Whenever we uped the pressure with the second team they played much better.

On offense I think Jake never got into a rythm which hurt the entire offense. The positive thing is that we ran the ball well from Williams to Birmingham. But what was up with the QB's??? All our quarterbacks fumbled the ball. Its weird how we have a new QB coach who is supposed to stress ball security and they ALL fumbled. Jarrett had a chance and didn't really do anything although they really weren't in position to make a lot of plays.

Special teams was hit and miss they allowed some returns but blocked a punt. Jeremy Lehman looks like a big time special teamer as well as a quality backup. None of the returners really did anything to speak of.

At first I was pissed about the coaching but they made some nice adjustments at halftime and the defense was much better. The offense made some plays and we had a chance to win a game we had no business being in.

Risers: Kenneth Moore, Jeremy Lehman, James Anderson, Quinton Teal

Fallers: Nick Hayden, Jason Carter, Geoff Schwartz, Rip's QB ball security drills

1) Too many fumbles. Too many picks. Too many penalties.

2) QBs: Jake and Moore looked OK, Cantwell looked bad, then good, then bad. McCown looked awful.

3) We won't win five games unless we shore up the defensive tackle position.

4) Why was CJ Wilson starting? He's terrible and he showed it.

5) Still too lax in pass coverage.

6) James Anderson = Panthers' MVP of the game. A sack and a blocked punt for a safety.

7) Mike Goodson has some skills but needs to learn to protect the ball.

8) Worst MNF coverage I've ever seen. If it isn't about the sacred Giants, Vick, Favre or the Wildcat, it doesn't matter. "Deshaun Williams?" "Meakee Kaymoattu?" Get a roster people.

9) Stupid call to end the game. Absolutely stupid. But neither coach wanted to go into OT. Obviously Fox wanted to even less to have a brain fart like that. That's bush league.

10) Everette Brown looked solid.

11) Buh-bye Jason Carter.

12) Nice game by Barnidge, Jake looked to him a lot and he caught passes.

Archived