• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deandre Presley at Safety?

Jeremy Igo

I know I'm gonna catch poo for saying this because obviously you can't judge a whole practice by a 90 second video clip, but didn't it just seem like everything going on was totally casual? Definitely didn't feel like our team had a nose-to-the-grindstone mentality.

The parts open to media are obviously much more relaxed.

Bill tweeted out that Presley was getting a look at safety, or possibly nickel.

Before you laugh, understand the kid has played dB for other nfl teams although the Panthers had him at receiver.

Also, having been a QB at App he has the smarts to play the safety position and should understand offenses very well.

FWIW, Presley played some CB the last half of his Sr. year after he lost his starting QB job. he did pretty decent in man coverage, so Nickel might be a good spot for him. Safety, probably not so much, because not big enough

This has probably been said already, but Pressley played corner (well) at App. after he was replaced as a QB. And he also won the Walter Payton award as a QB the year before he was replaced.. He's a pretty awesome athlete.

he was a finalist for the Payton award. he didn't win it. but yes, he is a hell of an athlete, just not the most accurate passer as a QB. his first game as a CB he had a forced fumble

tre boston is better then both the safetys we got , it should be him and colin jones!!!! why do we never give that dude a dang chance? he looked good in preseason

What gives you the idea that Presley is getting a shot over Boston?  There has been absolutely nothing to give any indication of that.  In fact, Voth even tweeted that Norman said Boston was one of the #1's at DB today. 

I don't know if Presley has a chance to stick long-term at any position, but I don't think you can take anything from the team putting him out there today.  As far as we know, they just needed a body out there to fill Godfrey's spot in practice, and Presley just happened to be available.  It may also be that they think he is limited as a WR and want to get a look at him at DB to see how they want to proceed with him.  I really don't know, but it is pointless to worry about it since we are only guessing anyway. 

And for everyone saying we should just sign someone off the street, you do realize that we would have to create a roster spot by releasing someone first, right?  We signed Scott to fill Godfrey's roster spot, and Presley currently doesn't count since he is still being evaluated from PUP.  So if the team just needed a body, why bring in some scrub at the expense of creating a hole at another position?  Lets see how some of the young guys do before beginning the scrub hunt.   

I think it's pretty obvious this is still a building year for Gettleman. Definitely no need to give up way more than we would need to in order to trade for a safety. Boston will hopefully get reps this year and hopefully be able to contribute next year. Also have the draft and FA, no need to panic and overpay for someone when we are setting up for success in future years, not this year.

The problem is, our FO seems to be setting a precedent for ignoring positions of need and instead, stubbornly trying to create the solution from within when it's not there.

there is a difference between ignoring a position, and there just not being any viable options to seriously upgrade.

You'd be a fool if you think he is ignoring any position.

The problem is, our FO seems to be setting a precedent for ignoring positions of need and instead, stubbornly trying to create the solution from within when it's not there.

He's not ignoring needs - the team can only afford to meet the most demanding of needs because of the cap situation. Where is he supposed to magically find 2 offensive tackles, FOUR dbacks, etc? 

What gives you the idea that Presley is getting a shot over Boston?  There has been absolutely nothing to give any indication of that.  In fact, Voth even tweeted that Norman said Boston was one of the #1's at DB today. 

I don't know if Presley has a chance to stick long-term at any position, but I don't think you can take anything from the team putting him out there today.  As far as we know, they just needed a body out there to fill Godfrey's spot in practice, and Presley just happened to be available.  It may also be that they think he is limited as a WR and want to get a look at him at DB to see how they want to proceed with him.  I really don't know, but it is pointless to worry about it since we are only guessing anyway. 

And for everyone saying we should just sign someone off the street, you do realize that we would have to create a roster spot by releasing someone first, right?  We signed Scott to fill Godfrey's roster spot, and Presley currently doesn't count since he is still being evaluated from PUP.  So if the team just needed a body, why bring in some scrub at the expense of creating a hole at another position?  Lets see how some of the young guys do before beginning the scrub hunt.   

are you a skitzo? where did i ever say presely is gunna get a shot over boston?you crazy or something boy 

Archived