• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deandre Presley at Safety?

Jeremy Igo

inb4 Russell Wilson has 400 passing yards Sunday.

That's the crazy thing about this team.  You can't expect anything.  I wouldn't be shocked if they shut Russell Wilson down, I wouldn't be shocked if we gave up 500 yards passing.   Before the season started there was no one worried about the Defense.  Now the defense smells like TCJ .....you know why?  Because that's what happens every year.  Worried about Offense?  Offense carries team.  Worried about Defense?  Defense is dominating.   It never fails,  everyone was worried about Cam as a rookie, thought defense would carry us.  Nope.  Next year Cam is going to be better this year, offense was top 10 should be top 5.  Nope.  I just used that as an example but it happens every year.   That's why we don't have back to back winning seasons.  Whatever was the strength the year before becomes a weakness the next one.    ..

That's the crazy thing about this team. You can't expect anything. I wouldn't be shocked if they shut Russell Wilson down, I wouldn't be shocked if we gave up 500 yards passing. Before the season started there was no one worried about the Defense. Now the defense smells like TCJ .....you know why? Because that's what happens every year. Worried about Offense? Offense carries team. Worried about Defense? Defense is dominating. It never fails, everyone was worried about Cam as a rookie, thought defense would carry us. Nope. Next year Cam is going to be better this year, offense was top 10 should be top 5. Nope. I just used that as an example but it happens every year. That's why we don't have back to back winning seasons. Whatever was the strength the year before becomes a weakness the next one. ..

Qft.

But I think hardy played a pivotal role in the regression of the defense.

If we are this desperate then we need to trade for someone not sign a random off the street

there isn't enough good safeties in the league for every team to have 1, but there is some talent available that Gettleman doesn't know about that is actually worth trading for?

Man, fug this team!

Bill tweeted out that Presley was getting a look at safety, or possibly nickel.

Before you laugh, understand the kid has played dB for other nfl teams although the Panthers had him at receiver.

Also, having been a QB at App he has the smarts to play the safety position and should understand offenses very well.

I went to App with Presley and let me tell you even if he does run a 4.5 you would never know it by watching him. He looks like he's gliding when he's running. He can get from hash to hash in the blink of an eye.

Do you have any insight on Tre Boston? Our secondary is so bad. I feel like they should throw him out there like they did with Bene and see if he has any potential to be valuable long-term.

He did look pretty good in this video around the 39 second mark 

http://blackandbluereview.com/video-panthers-practice-october-22/

I know I'm gonna catch poo for saying this because obviously you can't judge a whole practice by a 90 second video clip, but didn't it just seem like everything going on was totally casual?  Definitely didn't feel like our team had a nose-to-the-grindstone mentality.

Archived