• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying out DBs?

Jeremy Igo

So a guy posting how Gamble wasn't given an offer as well as being unceremoniously cut by Gettleman and then me quoting that and responding to it qualifies as a "circlejerk" now?  I think the number of people preaching "patience" and defending his every move by citing Hurney's shortcomings far outnumber anyone that criticizes what does...  Although the number of people that are at least questioning his moves are increasing with each horrific blowout.

I don't hate the guy.  I'm just not a big fan of some of the moves he's made and I don't think he's the most tactful person in the world either.  He doesn't seem to handle all of his moves with the class you would expect from a football executive/general manager.  We don't have to re-hash all of his failed transactions from this offseason, as it is currently apparent, but generally, when we lose, I have a tendency to highlight them and vent...

yeah it is a circlejerk.  nothing outlines that concept better than someone posting some kind of inflammatory or misleading premise and then others working off it without actually consulting the facts.

there's questioning his moves and then there's outright revisionist history which is all that post was.  really could anybody have just googled "chris gamble retirement"?  was it that hard?

like this here:

Another fine, classy gesture by Gettleman.

*facepalm*

Imagine if we could've signed him to a two or three year, hometown discount deal.  We'd have one less problem on the back end right now.  Gamble was always one of my favorites...

other teams came after gamble after he was cut in an attempt to get him to sign but he turned them all down.  if we're speculating here i'd go so far as to say that i doubt gettleman broke his spirit so badly that he literally quit football in response to being cut but that's more like my opinion.

Does anyone wonder if Godfrey can still play safety? Clearly nickel isn't for him, but could he slide back to FS?

Godfrey is done...he can't move out there. He was a bad resign during the Hurney years bc Marty was obsessed with keeping his mediocre draft picks around to try and prove some kind of a point.

like this here:

other teams came after gamble after he was cut in an attempt to get him to sign but he turned them all down.  if we're speculating here i'd go so far as to say that i doubt gettleman broke his spirit so badly that he literally quit football in response to being cut but that's more like my opinion.

Where did I state it my opinion was fact?

Unless a source is provided in a post, it's safe to say that it is heavily based off of or influence by one's opinion.  Why is that so offensive? 

And who are posts criticizing Gettleman inflammatory to?  Those who worship at his altar while stabbing their Hurney voodoo dolls?  LOL.  It's not that serious, man... 

And if you want to look back at my posts that followed those, I implied, if not outright said, it was certainly a possibility that Gamble didn't want to play anymore and the release just allowed for him to do so with no questions asked.  As another poster mentioned, I think it's likely that his heart wasn't in it for awhile and he would only continue playing so long as the money was right. 

I was just saying, when you look at who we have cut and who we have kept, it's not all based strictly on cap numbers.  It seems a lot of those players that were kept turned out to be horrible decisions, while several others who were let go could've certainly helped us a lot more than players that replaced them (and I'm not referring to Gamble here).

Neither of them help our extreme lack of speed in the secondary.

Idk Quentin mikell is definitely an upgrade over Roman harper in skill and speed and Florence actually might be faster than Melvin white but skill wise they're about the same but Melvin just isn't a playmaker he's never really out of position he just can't get his head around to make a play

Archived