• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying out DBs?

Jeremy Igo

I still wish we would have kept the Captian Munnerlyn. Anyone know how he is doing in Minnesota?

Also Butler from the colts has been a decent player for them as well. We could of kept both and have a decent secondary.

Also I noticed that the cowboys have 3 former panthers on their defensive line. Now I know we clearly cut them because we had better players to keep but it still hurts to see another team succeed with your old players.

Yes, and I'm referring to a restructuring before being cut.  You know, like we gave Godfrey so he could stick around and keep sucking.

Obviously I have no knowledge, but I get the sense he was happy to keep playing if someone was going to pay him $7.5 million to do so, and if not, he'd rather retire than take a large paycut.

gamble's agent talking about dollar store dave prank calling his client's house and beating him up and stealing his lunch money:

e: also i suppose none of you remember gamble getting benched by fox in 2010.  it's possible his heart hadn't been in it for a while and your hateboner for our GM may actually have had little or nothing to do with it as hard as that is to believe.

So a guy posting how Gamble wasn't given an offer as well as being unceremoniously cut by Gettleman and then me quoting that and responding to it qualifies as a "circlejerk" now?  I think the number of people preaching "patience" and defending his every move by citing Hurney's shortcomings far outnumber anyone that criticizes what does...  Although the number of people that are at least questioning his moves are increasing with each horrific blowout.

I don't hate the guy.  I'm just not a big fan of some of the moves he's made and I don't think he's the most tactful person in the world either.  He doesn't seem to handle all of his moves with the class you would expect from a football executive/general manager.  We don't have to re-hash all of his failed transactions from this offseason, as it is currently apparent, but generally, when we lose, I have a tendency to highlight them and vent...

I thought Godfrey actually took a paycut, not a restructure.

Spotrac has him with a cap hit of $7.1 million next year. Just cut him and get it over with.

It was a straight paycut:

May 6 2014 
Reduced his 2014 salary from $5 million to $750,000 with Carolina (CAR). A $100,000 per game roster bonus was added to his 2014 cap figure.

He'll probably be asked to do the same again next season, if not be cut outright. $3m in dead money, designate him as a post-June 1st cut, spread the cap hit and move on. He's clearly done.

Archived