• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying out DBs?

Jeremy Igo

gamble's agent talking about dollar store dave prank calling his client's house and beating him up and stealing his lunch money:

“A number of teams have expressed interest in Chris Gamble,” Poston said. “However, Chris informed me last night that he wants to retire. Even though he still loves football, he told me that he’s decided to focus on life after football. Chris has been a class act. I have represented him for nine years, ever since he came out of Ohio State. He’s been an ideal client and he was one of the best corners in game.

“He’s doing it the right way. He has taken care of his money and his investments to retire successfully, and now I wish him the best in his future endeavors.”

e: also i suppose none of you remember gamble getting benched by fox in 2010.  it's possible his heart hadn't been in it for a while and your hateboner for our GM may actually have had little or nothing to do with it as hard as that is to believe.

I hope Mikell and/or Florence are in good shape and aren't ready to retire yet, lol.

Or, I'd be happy to settle for Champ Bailey, Ed Reed, or Chris Clemons.

I don't think Florence is the answer. He was okay last year when we led the league in sacks which can really help a mediocre CB look fine. I think we can win with White, Norman and Bene but when will Bene and Norman return?

Also I wouldn't mind us giving Byndom a try. I heard good things about him in training camp and he has good size for a CB. He knows our playbook which is another reason why I would pick him over a FA CB right now.

Well the Panthers were the 2nd best defense in the NFL last season.

Yeah, but that's why I mentioned a two or three year deal.  He got some absolute steals with last year's one-year guys.  This season?  LOL.

...and we almost screwed up last season by cutting Florence and then ended up having to bring him back because of how poorly the secondary started the year out.  Not to mention, the secondary sucked (a lot like it does now) until the undue loyal-incumbency system took a back seat to injuries.  Our defense didn't become THAT defense until Florence found his groove and Godfrey was injured and Mitchell stepped in.

Yeah, but that's why I mentioned a two or three year deal.  He got some absolute steals with last year's one-year guys.  This season?  LOL.

Meh, hindsight is 20/20. If we signed Mitchell, Captain, Ginn, etc. to 3-year deals and they sucked last season, everyone would be all like "LOL DOLLAR STORE DAVE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO CLEAN UP THE CAP BUT HE JUST CLOGGED IT UP LIKE HURNDAWG"

...and we almost screwed up last season by cutting Florence and then ended up having to bring him back because of how poorly the secondary started the year out.  Not to mention, the secondary sucked (a lot like it does now) until the undue loyal-incumbency system took a back seat to injuries.  Our defense didn't become THAT defense until Florence found his groove and Godfrey was injured and Mitchell stepped in.

Yeah of course we'd love to have a Chris Gamble at this point, but as mentioned above he wanted to retire.

Yeah of course we'd love to have a Chris Gamble at this point, but as mentioned above he wanted to retire.

Well, that was the one caveat...  Problem is, did he want to retire before or after he didn't receive an offer?

Oh well, I just hope we find help now...

Archived