• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying out DBs?

Jeremy Igo

I don't think many caught it but when I was listening to panthers post game show when I was running on Sunday, Rivera said something to the effect of: we are going to look at who's not doing there job and change accordingly.

It's wasn't blatant, and it was in a response to a question he had with regards to The DB's in the Green Bay game.

Probably loving retirement, even though he should still be a Panther.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146006/article/chris-gamble-expected-to-be-released-by-panthers

"That they've kind of cut bait. ... I've not heard any talk about anything other than a straight cut."

Friendly reminder that the Panthers best CB of all time wasn't given an offer by Gettleman. Our defense last year would have been lights out with him.

Another fine, classy gesture by Gettleman.

*facepalm*

Imagine if we could've signed him to a two or three year, hometown discount deal.  We'd have one less problem on the back end right now.  Gamble was always one of my favorites...

Another fine, classy gesture by Gettleman.

*facepalm*

Imagine if we could've signed him to a two or three year, hometown discount deal.  We'd have one less problem on the back end right now.  Gamble was always one of my favorites...

Probably loving retirement, even though he should still be a Panther.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146006/article/chris-gamble-expected-to-be-released-by-panthers

"That they've kind of cut bait. ... I've not heard any talk about anything other than a straight cut."

Friendly reminder that the Panthers best CB of all time wasn't given an offer by Gettleman. Our defense last year would have been lights out with him.

Well the Panthers were the 2nd best defense in the NFL last season.

That sounds all too familiar to what Smitty said. The way that man handles business is cold. Rumor is he offered our best OT $1M to play this year. No wonder Gross retired. Then he dragged his feet on Wharton, allowing him to retire. I know he's found some diamonds in the rough, but geez...these are the moves that make players not want to play for you. I hope he doesn't screw up Cam's future here.

This is where penny pinching usually gets you...

It's better to spend the money properly the first time.

Now we'll have to end up paying 2 scrubs what we could've been paying someone half decent.

And for those of you looking for a name... Antonio Cromartie.

And where is this so-called money that we have just lying around?

You're the one who is applying no logic.  Our secondary is abysmal.  The biggest complaint about them is that they're old, slow guys who are just collecting a check and have no attitude.  Bringing in a young, fast guy that was cut by another team could absolutely work out for us.  That player will absolutely give 100% out on the field every play.  Hell, sometimes guys just need a second chance to get things to click for them.

I just think the time has passed to upgrade the secondary at all.  They made their bed when they signed Roman Harper who is notoriously AWFUL in coverage.  Anyone else notice how much better the secondary was in 2013 with Charles Godfrey out for the year?  There's nothing they can do at this point, and bringing in guys off the street isn't going to make things better.

Now, maybe if Rivera could light a fire under the D-Line's asses to get a pass rush, the DB's they have now wouldn't look so bad.

Archived