• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying out DBs?

Jeremy Igo

Good, maybe some player that nobody else wanted on their roster can help the Panthers abysmal secondary.  Solid logic.

You're the one who is applying no logic.  Our secondary is abysmal.  The biggest complaint about them is that they're old, slow guys who are just collecting a check and have no attitude.  Bringing in a young, fast guy that was cut by another team could absolutely work out for us.  That player will absolutely give 100% out on the field every play.  Hell, sometimes guys just need a second chance to get things to click for them.

Clemons signed with Houston a while back, but I had been hoping we would go after him since FA started

Any idea when?

I'm not seeing that...  Last I saw, he agreed to a contract with them in March and then was cut in August.  According to his wiki page, he hasn't been signed by anyone as of now.

Any idea when?

I'm not seeing that...  Last I saw, he agreed to a contract with them in March and then was cut in August.  According to his wiki page, he hasn't been signed by anyone as of now.

nope because I am wrong.  i guess he is still available, i coulda swore i heard his name last thursday when they played the colts.  must be something up with him if he is still available this long

he's retired, but other than that I have no idea- wikipedia didn't provide any further info

From what I understand, he invested wisely and is fairly well set.  I don't see him wanting to come back, unless its just for the challenge.  Even if he could and wanted to come back, it would probably take a little while for him to get back in football shape. 

Wonder what Chris Gamble is doing these days?

Probably loving retirement, even though he should still be a Panther.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146006/article/chris-gamble-expected-to-be-released-by-panthers

"That they've kind of cut bait. ... I've not heard any talk about anything other than a straight cut."

Friendly reminder that the Panthers best CB of all time wasn't given an offer by Gettleman. Our defense last year would have been lights out with him.

Probably loving retirement, even though he should still be a Panther.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146006/article/chris-gamble-expected-to-be-released-by-panthers

"That they've kind of cut bait. ... I've not heard any talk about anything other than a straight cut."

Friendly reminder that the Panthers best CB of all time wasn't given an offer by Gettleman. Our defense last year would have been lights out with him.

Maybe, but they saved 7 million or so in cap space by cutting him, so we might have had trouble getting other guys that helped like Ginn, Mitchell etc....  And Gamble missed most of the previous season with injuries.

I think its possible that Gamble's heart just wasn't in it anymore. 

Archived