• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When a student fails, do you blame the teacher?

Jeremy Igo

The Panthers could have stood with Hardy like the 49ers have with McDonald, is all I am saying.  The players know this as well.  Especially after the team said they had his back, then bent to pressure.

Everyone brings up McDonald but the reality is McDonald hasn't even had charges filed against him (likely due to some home cooking).

Fair or not though, it isn't the same situation.

I think in some spots it is simply lack of talent.

You can say, well our OTs didn't get physically whipped on a play and it was more mental (therefore it is coaching).....but I think ultimately it is they have no business being on a football field to begin with.

Talent issue mostly. Same with the secondary. They simply shouldn't be starting. No amount of coaching is going to make them starting NFL players.

There are some legit coaching issues right now. The fact they are playing with 4 starters on the OL that shouldn't be on the field and an entire secondary that shouldn't is a talent issue.

Running plays that don't work. Basic gap assignments. Game management. Coaching staff definately could do better......not sure they have the talent to be anyrhing but .500. They are forced to put too much on the shoulders of too few.

I think its this in a nut shell. Blame can go all around but the biggest factor is that we are in cap hell.

He took in a bunch of other teams outcasts and made it to 10 wins last year. So Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when he had to start all over this year. I think you give him good players and he will give you a good defense, on the other side of the ball he just needs a better OC. Hopefully he will see that at some point because it may make or break him.

And see, this is where my point about evaluation comes in.  He chose the OC.

I actually do think most of the position coaches on the team are half decent (iffy on Matsko) but again, personnel evaluation comes into play.  Head coaches do that way more than coordinators do.

In 2012, we went into San Diego after our season was already over and destroyed them. That's the only game in memory during Rivera time where I felt he completely outcoached his opponent, in this case was Turner. Sure it was his former team, but so was Chicago and he just got that first win against them this season. At that time the Panthers was playing freely. Rivera was rotating a bunch of guys in and out, showing completely different looks. We was putting hungry players on the field and they showed out within the system we run. That team is similar to us now just with no Hardy

My only fear is he'll wait too late to make changes this year and that's something that can't be overlooked or forgiven

It's always easy to point fingers. The blame never lies with one person or one group. I understand that we are handcuffed but our salary cap space, but I would've liked to have seen more effort put on improving the o-line and secondary. In my opinion, those were our biggest areas of concern. So I'm saying that I would put more blame on the FO, then the coaches and the rest on the players.

Sent from my Z10 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'd love to have kept Captain as a nickel, but not as a starter and not for what the Vikes paid him.

But again, he was mismanaged, as were/are Byron Bell, Nate Chandler, Charles Godfrey, Sione Fua, arguably Melvin White and others.

I think Captain would have taken less, but Gettleman didn't want him back. I honestly believe Gettleman thought we would suck last year and going 12-4 messed with the perception of this team. He was going to do things his way regardless of last season.

I just can't believe a part of me actually believed Bell would play better.

I may be grasping at straws here, but It seems like the defense is still acting like they can rush 4 and get enough pressure. They didn't have to substitute much last year. Now it seems when they do, they get called for 12 on the field or they are guessing wrong on the sub

In this case the coaches. I watch the panthers and sometimes I think what is our gameplan for this team?

I think offensively and defensively week to week we have one way of playing and unless we're getting destroyed, we stay the same

Very John Foxish.

Everyone brings up McDonald but the reality is McDonald hasn't even had charges filed against him (likely due to some home cooking).

Fair or not though, it isn't the same situation.

Again, because of the NFL policy, conduct detrimental, they can suspend him any time. Big Ben was never charged either but suspended. NFL turning their head because of SF legacy.

I think Captain would have taken less, but Gettleman didn't want him back. I honestly believe Gettleman thought we would suck last year and going 12-4 messed with the perception of this team. He was going to do things his way regardless of last season.

I just can't believe a part of me actually believed Bell would play better.

How often do you really see players take less money?

It happens occasionally, but not often.

Archived