• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Telling stat

Jeremy Igo

I know, the defense is awful. But....

Panthers average only 6 points in the first 3 quarters of play against 3-4 defenses. Average 17 points against 4-3 defenses in those quarters.

I have said since Pittsburgh that the 3-4 is the death of our offensive line. Some say that outlook is too simple. I am still convinced its not.

I can't believe I'm giving Dallas credit, but they've laid out of the blueprint on how to build an offensive line.  We flat out just lack the talent and/or experience along the offensive line.  Granted, this past off season wasn't exactly stocked with a lot of top end O-linemen either.  I have to believe Gettleman is itching to clear some money off the books and grab some hog mollies for the O-line as well.

Get better players and that won't be the case. I hate to say it but if we want Cam to be everything that he can be (which I think is a top 5 QB) we need to do what the Cowboys have done...draft great OL early and often.

This is where Gettlemen earns his check. Idt that coaching is the entire issue. I think it's some of it bc we are playing undisciplined as hell. But most of the issue is that DG stripped this defense of any talent in the secondary.

It is, and the lack of improvement is what scares me about this coaching staff

Truthfully I'm not surprised. Let's think about this...we have ONE starter on the OL playing the same position as last year, probably the worst two offensive tackles in the league, journeymen LG, and a rookie RG playing alongside one of those tackles.

Not to mention they are blocking for running backs that NOBODY is scared of making a big play. I'm shocked this offense has put up as many points as they have.

Everyone was calling Jerry Jones a dumbass for going oline all those years while his team had other glaring holes...now all of a sudden Dallas is a model of how to build a team? Come on now...

if it werent for someone who knows more football, they would have drafted Johnny Football with that first pick.  i wouldnt give Jones much credit other than not forcing the pick and listening to his advisers.

if it werent for someone who knows more football, they would have drafted Johnny Football with that first pick.  i wouldnt give Jones much credit other than not forcing the pick and listening to his advisers.

Yeah, there's somebody else letting him take the credit this year. The way they built the oline is to patient and smart for Jones.

I know, the defense is awful. But....

Panthers average only 6 points in the first 3 quarters of play against 3-4 defenses. Average 17 points against 4-3 defenses in those quarters.

I have said since Pittsburgh that the 3-4 is the death of our offensive line. Some say that outlook is too simple. I am still convinced its not.

To beat a 3-4 defense you have to run the ball effectively early on to stop all the blitz & rushers they are sending..............We never really had  a chance to establish a run game with early blowouts.............Ron Rivera needs to stop deferring the ball to 2nd half since the defense is no where near what it used to be...........The strength of the team is Cam & Offense and they need to set example for the games.

Archived