• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Klein - Did you notice....

Jeremy Igo

Seconds after Luke Kuechly was ejected, AJ Klein calmly went to the sideline to exchange helmets. He now needed a helmet equipped with communications equipment. He was now the middle linebacker and responsible for the defensive play calls.

Panthers-Packers-35.jpg

While Kuechly's shoes are big ones to fill, Klein did so admirably. He looks much more comfortable in the middle and has a natural presence about him in the huddle. He appears to be a natural leader. Klein tied Thomas Davis with tackles for loss on the day at two.

Panthers-Packers-45~0.jpg

Also, they say you can tell how hard a defensive football player is working by how clean or dirty his uniform is at the end of the game. With that in mind, I will leave these two photos with you... food for thought.

Panthers-Packers-44~0.jpg

IGO_2989-Edit.jpg

That certainly doesn't make the guys standing around him look good.  It seemed not too many on the Panthers sidelines had a lot of energy.

BTW did you catch any of what McDermott was saying to the defense early in the game?  I remember the TV broadcast showing McDermott laying into the defense.

Seconds after Luke Kuechly was ejected, AJ Klein calmly went to the sideline to exchange helmets. He now needed a helmet equipped with communications equipment. He was now the middle linebacker and responsible for the defensive play calls.

Panthers-Packers-35.jpg

While Kuechly's shoes are big ones to fill, Klein did so admirably. He looks much more comfortable in the middle and has a natural presence about him in the huddle. He appears to be a natural leader. Klein tied Thomas Davis with tackles for loss on the day at two.

Panthers-Packers-45~0.jpg

Also, they say you can tell how hard a defensive football player is working by how clean or dirty his uniform is at the end of the game. With that in mind, I will leave these two photos with you... food for thought.

Panthers-Packers-44~0.jpg

IGO_2989-Edit.jpg

We still have a great foundation to build around on defense. However, the secondary is a train wreck. I would cut every players except Bene and Josh Norman. Possibly keep DeCoud for depth purposes.

If we lose Hardy we should have a little money to play around with.

Archived