• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why winning the NFCS is so important

teeray

Please stop the comparisons to the 2007 or 2011 giants. Not even close. They had a sick defensive line, an offensive line as well as running game ....

Best case scenario - We win the division, back into the playoffs, we win the wildcard game since we are hosting it, but that's as good as it's gonna get. We'll probably get raped in the div round.

We're not the 2008 cards either. They had a defense. They had a guy named ken wisenhunt calling great games on offense and they had Kurt Warner. We've given up 35+ points in 4 out of our 7 games. All our losses have been blowouts and all our wins could have gone either way.

Right now we are average at best. We only beat chicago because they have a moron playing QB. I haven't given up on the season, but we are no where near looking like a championship team

Blahblahblah this team is fuging trash.  You can go ahead and count on the defense giving up 30+ points every game, and sometimes our offense shows up and other times it doesn't.  I just see way too many weaknesses on this team to compete with any team that's gonna be in the playoffs.  If the season ended today wouldn't we play the Cowboys?   Yeah they would absolutely fuging blitz us.  I'm talking that could potentially be one of the most lopsided playoff games ever.  Unless something really changes, I just don't see it.  I still see the Saints taking this division at like 8-8 anyways

And please don't call me a bad or poor fan.  I'm not meaning to bash the players or poo on my own team, I'm just calling it how I see it.  This team has so many weaknesses and I just don't see them play with a fire very often.  

Blahblahblah this team is fuging trash. You can go ahead and count on the defense giving up 30+ points every game, and sometimes our offense shows up and other times it doesn't. I just see way too many weaknesses on this team to compete with any team that's gonna be in the playoffs. If the season ended today wouldn't we play the Cowboys? Yeah they would absolutely fuging blitz us. I'm talking that could potentially be one of the most lopsided playoff games ever. Unless something really changes, I just don't see it. I still see the Saints taking this division at like 8-8 anyways

And please don't call me a bad or poor fan. I'm not meaning to bash the players or poo on my own team, I'm just calling it how I see it. This team has so many weaknesses and I just don't see them play with a fire very often.

Based off what what we've seen, it's hard to argue with this guy. I try to stay positive and keep believing (and will) but I can't really disagree with much.

I don't think the Saints will win this division though. Their D is much worse than ours.

Winning the division is always the best way to get in. It's a luxury to have the 1 or 2 seed and a bye.

This team will win the division if they can take care of business against Browns, Vikings, Tampa, Falcons (twice) and one of Saints game.

We're 3-1 in the NFC. The Saints are our only challengers and they're already 2-3 in the NFC. They're playing the Packers and could well be 2-4 in the NFC. If the team can have a 5-1 division record and beat the Vikings, the team is in the playoffs. It's our luck that we're the best of the bad NFC South team.

When you're in the playoffs, everything can happen like the Giants teams shown us.

I agree. There's almost no question that we will be the worst team in the playoffs if we win the South, BUT everyone has to remember the 7-9 Seahawks shocking a great New Orleans team not but 3 years ago. Or, like you said, the Giants in both of their Super Bowl wins and the Cards in their Super Bowl run.

If we can hold of New Orleans, who I fully believe is a better team than we are, then we'll make the playoffs in a year we shouldn't, BUT that doesn't mean we're out.

We see if again and again in sports. UConn basketball has won two championships in the past 4 years with teams who were mediocre to decent in the regular season. The Giants did the same a few years back. Who's to say we can't?

Also, the schedule breakdown shouldn't be difficult to get us up to 9 wins.

Vikings, Bucs, Browns should be wins. That's 6 right there. Toss in two wins in the 4 games against the Falcons and Saints, we're already at 8-7-1 at the worst. Win one more of those and then one against the Eagles or Hawks, we're a 10 win team. If our defense can pull itself together and if our playcalling isn't balls awful like it has been, we will make the playoffs.

We need to sweep ATL, and finish off the Bucs. Take at least one against the Saints, beat the Vikings & Browns and we'll be where we need to be. Hell, if we can get at least one against the Eagles or Hawks, that'll be gravy as well. We've been blown out 3 times, so it looks bleak, but I still believe. I don't think our def will be back to last years dominance, but I do believe they'll be better than they are right now.

Archived