• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Norwell Impresses

Jeremy Igo

Lack of experience.

Fans love player position switches, but the reality is more often than not they don't work out all that well.

A lot of times, a guy who might not be quite as athletic but understands how to play the position will do better than the athletic guy you moved there who hadn't done it before.

Much like how I can rock climb better than someone who is younger and stronger. Years of experience is great.

He should've been starting at RT to begin with but Rivera likes to play his favorite guys. I saw Norwell block 2 guys at the same time today.

He was also live tweeting while blocking two guys. He later apologized for not getting that third guy

He should've been starting at RT to begin with but Rivera likes to play his favorite guys. I saw Norwell block 2 guys at the same time today.

That is not very nice of him. I would imagine that was the reason Chandler was blocking no one the entire game.

If Chandler ever starts a game again.... 

I can say that I watched Norwell (I was an OL coach in HS, so I have an interest) and I was impressed. We are set moving forward at G.  I might even start looking at Trai Turner at C in the event we have to move Kalil for salary cap reasons. 

Foucault was not impressive, IMO.  He was in at LT, but he was timid and not aggressive.  I watched him about 3 plays, so I could be wrong. 

We were terrible at T today, and we have been below average there all season.

Horton, DeCoud, Harper, and Godfrey were also terrible today and I would not be sad if all were waived.  I have not read other comments yet, so I am interested to see if anyone agrees with me.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think Norwell and Foucalt are upgrades. Chandler had a brutal bust in run blocking that killed a drive. Cam kind of screwed him over on the sack. Started scrambling towards his blind side.

But once you get past the first three drives it's hard to blame the offensive line. We were down by 21 points and Dom Capers could send the hounds. If we get down by three touchdowns to a  3-4 defense they can be bold with the blitzing. 

Foucalt got some work against the reserves. Good for him but Clay Mathews and Julius Peppers are a different breed. I think Mathews wrecked him once.

Archived