• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Norwell Impresses

Jeremy Igo

You all know I have been a Norwell believer since the first day of camp. When Trai Turner went down, it was time for Norwell to step up and show he belongs in the NFL. This is not an opportunity every rookie UDFA gets.

I feel Norwell did pretty well. He was instrumental in a Cam Newton rushing first down and provided adequate protection.

Norwell showed a mean streak when he was bull rushed by 305lb veteran defensive tackle Mike Daniels.

Panthers-Packers-41.jpg

Norwell stood him up and matched his hands to the face. Daniels went no where.

Panthers-Packers-42.jpg

While playing left guard, Norwell fended off Packers DT Mike Pennell until Panther center Folkerts had a handle on him.

Panthers-Packers-47.jpg

Notice Norwell is heads up and eyes looking for the next threat to the quarterback. That threat came in the form of a blitzing Clay Matthews. Nowell had recognition and foot speed to plug that gap and stop Matthews' progress.

Panthers-Packers-48.jpg

Yes, these are just a couple of play examples and the jury is far from in on Norwell. But if this game is any indication Panthers fans should be excited about this young offensive line prospect.

Chandler looked the weakest today in my opinion. Several times it was just incredible how lost he looked.

Lack of experience.

Fans love player position switches, but the reality is more often than not they don't work out all that well.

A lot of times, a guy who might not be quite as athletic but understands how to play the position will do better than the athletic guy you moved there who hadn't done it before.

Archived