• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On the Luke Kuechly Ejection

Jeremy Igo

At the very least, the alleged head coach of the Carolina Panthers should have lit up the refs until he caught a flag himself and possibly got ejected.

The idea that he stood there and jawed at the refs for any length of time is simply not true. He might have raised his voice or gave them 'Pissed Off Ron' for about 20 seconds.

Exactly the guy you are building your defense around gets jobbed by the officials you just sit there and take it? Just like he had to learn last year to take chances sometimes you have to lose your poo. You know the players on the field can't so you do it for them. Four years and still learning smh

I'm surprised on the outcome of the game, Packers finally played well on both sides of the ball for the entire 60 mins.  I logged on to agree with you on the so-called penalty/ejection on Kuechly. I don't get it why officials always try to break up "fights". A 60 year old official is gonna put a 25 yr old 275 lb lineman in his place without getting hurt? That official crossed the line. Hope he gets some sort of monetary reprimand. Officials should just stand off to the side, take names and numbers and let the players and coaching staff take care of the situation. I hope you guys win your division.

we walked into a buzz saw yesterday. 

this goes back to helping teams stay on-sides also. The refs need to let the players play before and after the play good or bad. Stop being a part of the game.

More than anything, stupid officiating like this, just kills the integrity of pro football. Damn!!! It appeared to me that the officials were Packer fans, "simple and plain". I mean it was bad. I saw multiple holding infractions which were not called on them. It was frustrating. Reminded me of "pro" wrestling for a moment.

I've kept my eye on players touching refs ever since that Cowboys game in 05 when Smith got ejected.  For those that don't remember Smith went up to the ref after a play and put his arm around the refs waist presumably to ask him about the previous play and he was ejected for it.  Yes, Smith did initiate contact with the ref but it looked like the kind of thing that happens numerous times every Sunday.

After years of paying attention to player-ref contact it absolutely HAS to be the least consistently called penalty in the NFL.  Players touch the refs countless times every single game.  Sometimes they do it fairly aggressively (grabbing their arms, shoving them aside, etc.).  I'd say it is enforced maybe 0.5% of the time and the calls that actually do get made rarely seem to be the most egregious.  It's a broken penalty and has been for years.  The NFL needs to change it.  

Archived