• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On the Luke Kuechly Ejection

Jeremy Igo

I see a lot of things from the sidelines, and what Luke did to get ejected I have seen countless times. Rarely is it flagged much less penalized with an ejection. Contact from player to official happens all the time, and is rarely intentional. It is obvious to anyone watching the game that Kuechly in no way intended to harm an official.

Kuechly was cheap shotted while going for a fumble. Once he stood up, he confused a player grabbing him from behind with an official. The result was Kuechly brushing off the official, followed by a penalty and ejection.

Panthers-Packers-24.jpg

Luke jogged off the field a bit confused as to why he was ejected in the first place.

Panthers-Packers-55.jpg

Ron Rivera was fairly upset at the call and gave the officials more than a piece of his mind.

Panthers-Packers-36.jpg

This was an awful call, plain and simple. While technically the call could have been made, it should not have been. It was not in the spirit in which the rule was written.

The official should be embarrassed. I am embarrassed for him.

Archived