• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT speculates that Panthers may go after Jason David

Saint J

In a move that should surprise no one, the Saints have cut cornerback Jason David.

Saints V.P. of communications Greg Bensel announced the move on his Twitter page.

The handwriting had been on the wall for a while. Some might say it first appeared in David's first appearance with the team, when David was torched on opening night of the 2007 season by his former team, the Colts.

David joined the Saints in 2007 as a restricted free agent. He signed an offer sheet with the Saints, and the Colts opted not to match.

David will now become an unrestricted free agent, and he will be able to sign with any team.

Keep an eye on the Panthers, since former Colts defensive coordinator Ron Meeks now coordinates the defense there, and the Vikings, where former Colts assistant Leslie Frazier runs the defense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/17/saints-bid-jason-david-farewell/

:lol:

I wonder what the dialogue was between these idiots...

"hey i heard Jason David got cut"

"did he play for the saints?"

"yes"

"well who would want him?"

"uh, well that Colts DC he worked with before he was with new orleans is now DC for carolina"

"I THINK WE GOT AN ARTICLE!"

"SWEET. I'LL WRITE THAT UP REAL QUICK AND YOU CAN GET THE KY JELLY SO WE CAN STROKE OURSELVES TO OUR PHENOMENAL FOOTBALL NEWS REPORTING!"

To be fair to Jason David he did play well in Meeks' system, but no thanks.

It's a valid point. He performed well in the Super Bowl under Meeks and made a lot of free agent money, but in the process he switched to a defense with a different CB approach and was miscast in their system.

So is it possible? Yeah.

Is it likely? All things (like cap room) considered...No :nonod:

Archived