• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gruden will be in the broadcast booth right?

Sam Mills Fan

I have never heard anything but praise come out of Gruden's mouth about our team. It may have all been politically correct/motivated, but I don't think so.

To this very day he still calls Steve Smith the scariest player he has ever met. He refers to him as Freddie Kruger. :rofl:

I think he is above that "K. Johnson envy/hate/jealous mentality". And yes....he will be leaps and bounds wayyyyyyyyyyy better than Cornhole will ever dream to be.

There was also speculation that Gruden would be the next coach at UT. Are you telling me that speculation is what made his team fall apart? That's weak.

Also, I live in Knoxville, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that nobody knew Monte was coming to Tennessee until after the Bucs' season was finished. Folks around here were hoping for Monte, but Lane was not letting anything be known about his staff until it was all set in stone.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/jan/02/monte-kiffin-steals-show-orgeron/

Posted January 2nd. Yasinskas and everyone else speculated about Monte, but again, it was not officially announced until January 2nd.

I've heard rumors that Monte told the team early, but haven't seen anything official on that.

Either way, that's a lame excuse for why a pro team would quit playing. I'm sure he didn't stop trying with the team, and I'm sure Gruden didn't quit trying to win just because he thought he could lose his defensive coordinator.

I have never heard anything but praise come out of Gruden's mouth about our team. It may have all been politically correct/motivated, but I don't think so.

I think he had genuine respect for some guys but I always cringed a bit at how over the top he sounded with some of it. Maye it was also the look on his face, almost like he was in pain.:D

I love Monte Kiffin. Sincerely. Always have. I don't think there's an ounce of BS in the guy. I was very happy he left TB. I also ..umm...let me try to be nice here...don't see how he could possibly be Lane's dad. Kind of like the same feeling I have about the Moras.

RT, I guess we watch the nfl through different colored glasses. To me (and the stats), Tampa's D fell off dramatically last year, starting with our game on Dec 8. I agree with you that it's lame for a pro team to react that way, but it doesn't change the fact that a drop off in production happened in conjunction with the speculation. Hell, I still haven't figured out why the our D fell off last year. With the lack of information available, speculation is all that's left. In any event, hijack over. I'm done with discussing Kiffens, good luck with 'em (srsly, no sarcasm).

To me, Gruden is the best thing that could have happened to the MNF booth. I liked the way he ribbed Jaws about being jealous of sales of his #7 Iggles jersey last week. Overall, I think Gruden will go out of his way to give our team respect.

Archived