• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gruden will be in the broadcast booth right?

Sam Mills Fan

I don't think he's petty enough to actually take that out on the Panthers for playing well. Plus, he beat us pretty bad early in the year.

I think he sounded pretty nervous last week. He almost seemed afraid to chime in whenever he had something to say.

I do like that he brings more football knowledge to the booth than Kornheiser, but I'd like for him to get excited and red-faced in the booth.

I don't think he's petty enough to actually take that out on the Panthers for playing well. Plus, he beat us pretty bad early in the year.

I think he sounded pretty nervous last week. He almost seemed afraid to chime in whenever he had something to say.

I do like that he brings more football knowledge to the booth than Kornheiser, but I'd like for him to get excited and red-faced in the booth.

It won't be long until corny-ass ESPN comes up with a Chucky segment on MNF where Gruden blasts a play-call or how a play is run, and they flash a graphic of his famous scowl.

I don't either. I bet anything he will talk about how good we are. Might say something about Jake though.

If Gruden is salty about that whoopin we gave em, it will be directed at Monte's mutant child that runs the U of T football program (the real reason their D fell apart late last year). It was a perfect storm for us to come up on them when we did. Our run game was rounding in to it's best shape of the season, and their D just found out Kiffen was leaving. I'm not saying our performance wasn't great, just that it had help from what was happening on the other team.

My only hope for the broadcast is that they:

A. don't have a guest up in the booth for 30 min that they insist on giving face time. Half the time when they do this, they don't shift the picture to the play until just after the ball is snapped. A player's leg could get snapped clean off and they wouldn't even mention it when they are doing this crap. Makes it hard to see how our D aligns and reacts. Drive me crazy during pre season games.

and

B. only mention Vick and Favre during halftime.

What am I thinking?!!?!!? This is ESPN. They will probably have Vick and Favre sycophants (in addition to the regular announcers) in the booth from the 2nd qtr on. Especially since they managed to revive the Favre story again today. Pls ESPN, just step away from the Trioxin. Nothing good ever comes from it.

Archived