• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Packers Fans are Saying

Jeremy Igo

Packer fans are some of the classiest I have ever been around. Go to their stadium and watch a game if u ever get a chance. Awesome place and it's set up great!

They have the museum down stairs that is incredibly set up and does a great job of telling the history of the team

Weird though, the stadium still has bench seating like a HS stadium, kinda cool I guess but will provide a cold ass in the winter time. Lol.

Same here. Take football out of the equation, and still one of the best groups of people I have ever met. Very classy group. I was at a bar in Seattle for the Lions game last month and the place was taken over by Packer fans by 11am for a 1pm game. I am talking 80% of the crowd at least. They kept coming to me, saying hello, chit chatting. I walked out twice and both times this guy comes up to me and goes "we didn't run you out of here did we". I was like "what planet is this"

Issue with GB is they can do it all in the pass game.

If they employ there short pass attack we aren't going to touch Rodgers

If our run defense is effective, and I think it will be, then I think GB might be forced into some 3rd and longs. The short passing game might also result in some third and longs due to balls batted down at the los, dropped passes, passes defensed, and penalties. If their passing moves along with near perfection, then Cam will have to go off.

The Packers fans remember what he did to them as a rookie, over 400 yards passing and a rushing TD. They are smart enough to see a good football player and not all the crap people in New Orleans see.

But the guy's assessment in Greg Olsen had some truth in it. In terms of physical traits, Olsen is not dominant in any facet. He's not elusive, he doesn't truck guys, he doesn't out jump DBs, and he doesn't blow the top off a defense. If I was a Packers fan I could see that assessment. 

But he's a savvy vet with an old man's game. His routes are crisp, and his leverage is excellent. He's great at coaching the team up on the field, how many times have you seen Greg tell the guys to line up and run a play when the catch might be challenged? 

And he has one uncanny ability: he gets open on play action. How many times have you seen Greg get lost in the mosh pit and pop out wide open? You would think defenses could pick that up on tape but they can't. He will stay in to pass block and it turns into a TE screen. He will fall to the ground in short yardage and there he is with no one in 15 yards a second later. 

I've been to every opponents forum this season, and every week they say they aren't worried about Cam passing only to have Cam scorch them through the air. Everytime I go back, they always have this to say "I can't believe our defense let Cam pass on us like that". I love when people keep underestimating Cam's passing ability. Just makes the tears that much better afterwards.

Lol i have noticed that too. Its quite hilarious.

Here's my quick version of lunch with the 2 Pack fans that treated me to lunch:

They have some really good pizza here.

They were surprisingly adamant about their BBQ so I had to try some. I chuckled after a bite and told them I'd treat them to NC BBQ if they ever come down.

Very loyal but fair guys. They said Rodgers was indeed their hinge. An exposable D as they've seen in a while. They thought they'll be a Jekyll/Hyde all year and feel this one will be really close.

I basically regurgitated the same about us.

We all agreed on a push line, but left exchanging numbers. I texted them "Go Panthers" and they responded "Go Pack" to the shock of nobody.

Great guys.

I think them saying Cam's read option is the only worry is off base. Cam has become an excellent pocket passer this season.

In the commenter's view, no receivers mean Cam's read option is all we have. Not a slight on Cam's passing ability.

Archived