• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top franchise cornerstones

CelibatePimp

LOL...I can tell by you moniker you have an ax to grind...I won't participate any longer.

Incidentally, would you like to reference the fact that Luck has thrown for 300+ yards in 7 of his last 8 starts, twice in the playoffs, including 453 yards in a playoff win last year ???

Meanwhile, Newton has thrown for 300+ yards 4 times in his last 50 starts...

Cam has a higher yards per attempt and yards per completion over their careers.  Just because he doesn't throw as much... you know what not worth the time.

You talk about axes to grind you have been talking poo about Cam Newton for 2 years now, why should anyone take you seriously?

You call everyone else out for being homers, or irrational, but nearly everything you have said about Cam is flat fugging incorrect.  So you don't have a lot of credibility.

You withheld judgment on Luck his first two seasons?  Cool.  That was probably smart.  This is what you were saying midway through Cam's second season, when I guess you weren't quite as willing to withhold judgment.

You sure didn't hold off on judgments about Cam Newton his first two years.

What is equally ironic is how miserably wrong you were about every point you made, and yet you think you should be taken seriously and everyone else is the irrational ones. 

To steal your line from your post up above:

I stand by everyone of those quotes.

The criticism of Newton came after individual games...losses...at a time the Panthers were clearly on the wrong track.

I am sure if I was a Colts' fan, I would have had plenty to gripe about with Luck...the difference being that the Colts have always won with Luck. We can't say the same here.

And exactly what happened when Carolina turned Cam Newton in Alex Smith??? Tuned him into a game manager like I suggested??? 

12-4 playoffs 

This after finishing 7-9 with the league's 10th best defense and one of the top ground games in the NFL in 2012.

If you are hoping to find a post I am embarrassed about, you'll have to dig a little deeper.

TonyN's agenda since joining this board has been to look for every opportunity to downplay Cam's accomplishments while highlighting every shortcoming no matter how minuscule. It's his thing. It's what he does.

Sure, every now and then he will post about our D or other subjects, but generally only as they serve his overriding agenda.

On one end of the spectrum we have footballisasport. On the other end is TonyN. Having rational discussions with either is a waste of time and energy.

The criticism of Newton came after individual games...losses...at a time the Panthers were clearly on the wrong track.

I am sure if I was a Colts' fan, I would have had plenty to gripe about with Luck...the difference being that the Colts have always won with Luck. We can't say the same here.

And exactly what happened when Carolina turned Cam Newton in Alex Smith??? Tuned him into a game manager like I suggested??? 

12-4 playoffs 

This after finishing 7-9 with the league's 10th best defense and one of the top ground games in the NFL in 2012.

If you are hoping to find a post I am embarrassed about, you'll have to dig a little deeper.

I don't doubt that you stand by those quotes.  That is why you have little credibility and you are not one to talk about irrationalities.  Truth is you were wrong when you made those quotes, you are wrong now.

I don't remember you saying anything correct since you've been here.  You sure nailed your Chip Kelly opinions:

Hell you only have 400 posts, and most of it is incorrect Cam Newton babble, so why should I listen to anything you have to say.

You have proven to be incompetent when talking about football.

I don't doubt that you stand by those quotes.  That is why you have little credibility and you are not one to talk about irrationalities.  Truth is you were wrong when you made those quotes, you are wrong now.

I don't remember you saying anything correct since you've been here.  You sure nailed your Chip Kelly opinions:

Hell you only have 400 posts, and most of it is incorrect Cam Newton babble, so why should I listen to anything you have to say.

You have proven to be incompetent when talking about football.

Boy, you had to dig really deep to find my position on Chip Kelly. But, once again, I completely stand by my position. It was the correct one.

Incidentally would you like to bring up my posts in support of Rivera??? 

I might have been the only poster on this board who was still supporting Rivera after the Buffalo game last year.

Or would you like to bring up my threads discussing Carolina's defense??? I was lauding the unit early in 2012, at a time when most people considered it a liability.

I am sure I have been wrong about a few things. Not many though. 

Boy, you had to dig really deep to find my position on Chip Kelly. But, once again, I completely stand by my position. It was the correct one.

Incidentally would you like to bring up my posts in support of Rivera???

I might have been the only poster on this board who was still supporting Rivera after the Buffalo game last year.

Or would you like to bring up my threads discussing Carolina's defense??? I was lauding the unit early in 2012, at a time when most people considered it a liability.

I am sure I have been wrong about a few things. Not many though.

First 4 games of 2012 we were gave up 27 points a game, so you were wrong about that too.

You supported Rivera after the Buffalo game because you were blaming Cam for the loss

12-4 playoffs 

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the defensive turnaround. Dude, you absolutely have no credibility when it comes to Cam. I actually thought you were being objective.

First 4 games of 2012 we were gave up 27 points a game, so you were wrong about that too.

You supported Rivera after the Buffalo game because you were blaming Cam for the loss

Why don't you bring up my posts this time ???

Please, don't just tell me what I said and at what time: Prove it.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the defensive turnaround. Dude, you absolutely have no credibility when it comes to Cam. I actually thought you were being objective.

Once the Panther defense started turning around, I said Carolina needed to play good defense, run the football, avoid turnovers and that was the receipe for success. It was. 

We will probably get a chance to see if the Panthers can win in other ways for the remainder of the season. We will see.

Incidentally, since you are all so infatuated with my post history, can you find a post where I questioned Newton's intelligence, called him "Scam" or suggested Anderson should be starting over him???

Once the Panther defense started turning around, I said Carolina needed to play good defense, run the football, avoid turnovers and that was the receipe for success. It was. 

We will probably get a chance to see if the Panthers can win in other ways for the remainder of the season. We will see.

Incidentally, since you are all so infatuated with my post history, can you find a post where I questioned Newton's intelligence, called him "Scam" or suggested Anderson should be starting over him???

I've never been infatuated with your post history. I thought we were having a rational convo on QB but apparetnly from Teeray's posts you have a history of bias against Cam. No wonder. I am done with you.

Archived