• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top franchise cornerstones

CelibatePimp

Steve Young ran into his late 30s. Almost at 40

So...you guys pick Elway and Young as examples...two guys...out of how many QBs?

It isn't that it's not possible, it's just very VERY unlikely. It's a perfectly legitimate concern. No one's body ages the same as another, we have no idea how Cam's body will age.

And this is the issue that people have with people like you. You use stats to say Dalton is as good as Newton but then when people argue that Cam is better than or equal to Luck using stats, you say no.

Except I never said Dalton was as good as Newton and I am fairly sure I never mentioned Luck's name on this forum before a week or so ago. 

I withheld judgement on Luck over his first two seasons, precisely because his raw stats were very ordinary...some, like completion percentage were down right poor. 

But I can't downplay what the man is doing this year. He is on pace to have one of the two or three best seasons in the history of the NFL after 6 games. He is in the process of proving what all the talent evaluators around the league have been saying for the last couple of years. 

Andrew Luck is not only winning on an otherwise fairly bad football team, he is putting up monster raw numbers with monster efficiency in the process. 

So...you guys pick Elway and Young as examples...two guys...out of how many QBs?

It isn't that it's not possible, it's just very VERY unlikely. It's a perfectly legitimate concern. No one's body ages the same as another, we have no idea how Cam's body will age.

Cam has only taken 3 or 4 big hits running his entire career, much fewer than he's had from sitting in the pocket.

Not to mention he is the size of a DE & built like a Greek God.

Except I never said Dalton was as good as Newton and I am fairly sure I never mentioned Luck's name on this forum before a week or so ago. 

I withheld judgement on Luck over his first two seasons, precisely because his raw stats were very ordinary...some, like completion percentage were down right poor. 

But I can't downplay what the man is doing this year. He is on pace to have one of the two or three best seasons in the history of the NFL after 6 games. He is in the process of proving what all the talent evaluators around the league have been saying for the last couple of years. 

Andrew Luck is not only winning on an otherwise fairly bad football team, he is putting up monster raw numbers with monster efficiency in the process. 

We do agree he is playing well. Lets see how he ends the season.

Andrew Luck has played the easiest schedule in the entire NFL the last 3 years.

Efficiency? 58% Completion & 84 QB Rating is "monster" efficiency? Are you drunk? Cam is a more efficient passer. Cam also averages more yards, more touchdowns, & fewer turnovers per play than Luck.

Andrew Luck has played the easiest schedule in the entire NFL the last 3 years.

Efficiency? 58% Completion & 84 QB Rating is "monster" efficiency? Are you drunk? Cam is a more efficient passer. Cam also averages more yards, more touchdowns, & fewer turnovers per play than Luck.

Andrew Luck is leading the NFL in passing yards, passing yards per game and touchdowns. He is 7th in passer rating and 9th in completion percentage. He is on pace to throw for 5300 yards and 45 touchdowns. All with a very poor offensive line. Indy's offensive line may actually be as poor as Carolina's. 

Incidentally, your strength of schedule rankings are projected, not actual.

For instance, last season Indy had a .484 actual SOS, while Carolina had actual .494 SOS.

The Colts finished last year 5-4 against teams with winning records, won a playoff game and beat the Seahawks, Broncos and 49'ers in the process. All with the league's 20th rated defense. Meanwhile, Carolina finished the season 3 and 4 against teams with winning records with the 2nd best defense in the NFL.

Andrew Luck is leading the NFL in passing yards, passing yards per game and touchdowns. He is 7th in passer rating and 9th in completion percentage. He is on pace to throw for 5300 yards and 45 touchdowns. All with a very poor offensive line. Indy's offensive line may actually be as poor as Carolina's. 

Incidentally, your strength of schedule rankings are projected, not actual.

For instance, last season Indy had a .484 actual SOS, while Carolina had actual .494 SOS.

The Colts finished last year 5-4 against teams with winning records, won a playoff game and beat the Seahawks, Broncos and 49'ers in the process. All with the league's 20th rated defense. Meanwhile, Carolina finished the season 3 and 4 against teams with winning records with the 2nd best defense in the NFL.

Our teams are built differently. We are built to win with defense, IND is building to win with offense, hence the results. You saw Cam's stats with Chud in his first year.

I actually think with the way Cam is playing, he is going to be allowed to do more and you may see it stat wise.

Incidentally, your strength of schedule rankings are projected, not actual.

The Colts finished last year 5-4 against teams with winning records, won a playoff game and beat the Seahawks, Broncos and 49'ers in the process. All with the league's 20 rated defense. Meanwhile, Carolina finished the season 3 and 4 against teams with winning records with the 2nd best defense in the NFL.

Luck vs laughingstock Jags/Titans

2-0 W/L, 75% Cmp, 8 Td, 1 Int, 131.9 Rating

Luck vs 4 actual NFL teams

2-2 W/L, 62% Cmp, 9 Td, 6 Int, 85.7 Rating

Our teams are built differently. We are built to win with defense, IND is building to win with offense, hence the results. You saw Cam's stats with Chud in his first year.

I actually think with the way Cam is playing, he is going to be allowed to do more and you may see it stat wise.

We shall see and I hope so !!!

Because right now the defense looks broken. I am not optimistic at this point, frankly.

Let's let it play out. Newton may indeed have an opportunity to prove he can carry a football team. If we can keep a real NFL running back on the field, there is no reason this team cannot score points. 

He will need to do better than his rookie year, though. Keep in mind at this point the Panthers are a passing football team. 9th in the league at over 60% passes and coming off 46 attempts against Cincy. 

russell wilson is magic outside of the pocket. Makes crazy throws with precision acuracy and always makes me wow.

Its just i cant stand people claiming hes a top ten QB when he has yet to prove he can even do it, by himelf, in the pocketz. I like russell but i dont like the hype. He has yet to prove he can put a team on his back and carry his team in the pocket. He just had soooo much help from his team i get extremly anoyed by the media.

cam has had it so hard with the media and has done so much.. i just feel like russel gets it handed to him

Luck vs laughingstock Jags/Titans

2-0 W/L, 75% Cmp, 8 Td, 1 Int, 131.9 Rating

Luck vs 4 actual NFL teams

2-2 W/L, 62% Cmp, 9 Td, 6 Int, 85.7 Rating

LOL...I can tell by you moniker you have an ax to grind...I won't participate any longer.

Incidentally, would you like to reference the fact that Luck has thrown for 300+ yards in 7 of his last 8 starts, twice in the playoffs, including 453 yards in a playoff win last year ???

Meanwhile, Newton has thrown for 300+ yards 4 times in his last 50 starts...

You withheld judgment on Luck his first two seasons?  Cool.  That was probably smart.  This is what you were saying midway through Cam's second season, when I guess you weren't quite as willing to withhold judgment.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Go to the "I" formation. Run the football. Take decisions out of Newton's hands. Cam Newton may become a great quarterback one day. He is NOT a great quarterback right now. This whole offense was designed around Newton and it is backfiring mightly. It is a fiasco that is going to cost Rivera his job. I think that is unfortunate, because I believe Ron Rivera is a good coach. He just bought into the Cam Newton "quarterback revolution" nonsense.

'TonyN', on 12 Nov 2012 - 9:43 PM, said:snapback.png

You sure didn't hold off on judgments about Cam Newton his first two years.

What is equally ironic is how miserably wrong you were about every point you made, and yet you think you should be taken seriously and everyone else is the irrational ones. 

LOL...I can tell by you moniker you have an ax to grind...I won't participate any longer.

Incidentally, would you like to reference the fact that Luck has thrown for 300+ yards in 7 of his last 8 starts, twice in the playoffs, including 453 yards in a playoff win last year ???

Meanwhile, Newton has thrown for 300+ yards 4 times in his last 50 starts...

Yards?! You wanna talk about yards?!

Yards Per Play-

Andrew Luck- 6.7

Cam Newton- 7.2

Archived