• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice Photos and Notes

Jeremy Igo

Sucks to hear about Hill being the same WR the jets released and not progressing as we huddlers had hoped.

I don't think that was said. 

Stephen Hill would be better served to stay on the practice squad this year.  A full season of learning from Proehl, will do him wonders long term.  He'll be more valuable when Avant signs somewhere else next year. 

There's not really another active receiver I'd replace with him at this point.  If Webb is active it's just because he doubles as a qb.

why are people so extreme on Hill? there's no middle ground which is where he lies.

he's good enough to be on the roster. we already have some good players at that position and there is no pressing need to rush a decision with them or Hill. so hold onto him and keep a talented prospect at the bottom of the roster. that's what quality teams do.

Webb has nothing to do with Hill. How long he's been on the practice squad has nothing to do with Hill. He's there because good teams churn the bottom and because he may be an asset come a time when a decision has to be made.

that's the story. that's the entire story.

why are people so extreme on Hill? there's no middle ground which is where he lies.

he's good enough to be on the roster. we already have some good players at that position and there is no pressing need to rush a decision with them or Hill. so hold onto him and keep a talented prospect at the bottom of the roster. that's what quality teams do.

Webb has nothing to do with Hill. How long he's been on the practice squad has nothing to do with Hill. He's there because good teams churn the bottom and because he may be an asset come a time when a decision has to be made.

that's the story. that's the entire story.

1st and 2nd round WR and QB picks are always boom or bust. No middle ground allowed.

1st and 2nd round WR and QB picks are always boom or bust. No middle ground allowed.

Although I agree with you 100%, thankfully Hill is not someone we used a 1st or 2nd round pick on. The Jets did, we just claimed the guy. I believe there is a little leniency allowed as to his learning curb and development. I personally thought he would have a chip on his shoulder and speed up the process. He has so much talent that you want him to succeed, a little faster than others. Just so our QB can have 2 weapons out there. This offense needs as many weapons as it can get. 

Archived