• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best/Worst Trades in Panthers history

Carl Spackler

Jenkins was and is a top DT in this league. The proof is on the field.

Godfrey got abused last year....I can handle that b/c he was a rookie who was also playing a new position. Good year, is not a way describe what Godfrey's season was last year. Gary did nothing. So right now, neither are legit starters at their position b/c neither have put in a single solid year......now maybe the trade will end up looking good in the long run.....but as of today.....you can't classify that was one that has worked in our favor. Assumptions of what they will do don't matter until they actually perform. Someone said it was a good trade.....I was obviously pointing out we have seen nothing so far to rule it that way.

On top of all that, we also lacked exactly what Jenkins brought to the DT position last season.

Here's why I really don't like arguments like this, because they fail to take into account one of the most important factors, team chemistry. Jenkins was insanely injury prone so relying on him to be there for the full season was never in the cards regardless. Let's also not forget the untold number of penalties he earned us...

Here's why I really don't like arguments like this, because they fail to take into account one of the most important factors, team chemistry. Jenkins was insanely injury prone so relying on him to be there for the full season was never in the cards regardless. Let's also not forget the untold number of penalties he earned us...

He reminded me of a power hitter in baseball. Home runs or strikeouts. I don't know how many times I watched him jump the snap count so quickly and either collapse the pocket beautifully or get called for encroachment. It felt like it was always one or the other, never an in between.

I agree with that.....but the play on the field as of today's date doesn't show it was a good trade. Now youth, potential, chemistry, etc. could easily make it a good trade......but we don't know that yet. Jenkins is a beast when he plays.....and imo a lot of what he said was true about the defense his last year.....and everyone on the board likes to bash those who ran that D.......so maybe Jenkins gets a small pass for some of that noise?

Archived