• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread.

Kevin Greene

Hanley is pretty much gone I would assume.

Billingsley is gone as is Josh Beckett so I wouldn't be surprised if the team made a run at Scherzer or Shields

Hanley really needs the option of being a DH.

But imagine what he could do hitting home runs for Maddon and the Cubbies.

Anyway, the Dodgers will spend a ton of money in the bullpen and a starting pitcher this off season I suspect.

I think Corey Seager and Joc Pederson will be the 2 position player adds from the Farm System.

The Kid Urias has already vaulted as the #2 prospect behind Seager. The kid is so young (18 years old) and could be called up as early as late next season. His fastball and curveball is rated at 65 and is the 6th overall pitcher.

The crazy thing is Seager, Urias and Pederson are rated #13, #14, #15 in the prospect rankings.

• 1 month later...

The plan was if they did get Lester, Greinke would have been available in a trade. I would think that Lester and Greinke are similar players so I don't see the point.

I prefer Lester but if all other things are equal I will always go with the lefty.

Looks like the Dodgers have Cole Hamels in their scope. I like Hamels but not to replace Greinke.

Definitely would not be a good swap, but more power to the Dodgers.  If they trade for Hamels then it means the Sox will not be wasting prospects on him =)

SAN DIEGO -- The Dodgers made deals with the Marlins and Angels on Wednesday, sending Dee GordonDan Haren and Miguel Rojas to Miami for four young players and flipping the key piece, left-handed starter Andrew Heaney, to the Angels for second baseman Howie Kendrick.

The Dodgers kept reliever Chris Hatcher, catcher/infielder Austin Barnes and utility man Enrique Hernandez from the Marlins deal, which came on the heels of an unconfirmed, but apparently legitimate, trade for shortstop Jimmy Rollins from the Phillies for two Minor League pitchers. And later Wednesday night, the club reportedly was close to a four-year deal with free-agent right-hander Brandon McCarthy.

Update (6:15 AM EST)A source tells Kirk Kenney and Dennis Lin of U-T San Diego that it’s a done deal. The Dodgers are sending Tim Federowiczalong with Kemp to San Diego for Grandal and Eflin, as well as Joe Wieland (Joe Ross, as previously reported below, does not appear to be involved). The Dodgers are kicking in around $30 million to help offset the $107 million over five years left on Kemp’s contract.

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is reporting that the Dodgers and Padres are close to a deal to send superstar outfielder Matt Kemp to sunny San Diego in a blockbuster trade. Heyman writes that the two sides are exchanging final details. A source tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that the deal is “closer but not done”.

On the Padres’ side, they appear to be giving up catcher Yasmani Grandal along with minor league pitchers Joe Ross and Zach Eflin. Per Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, the Dodgers are looking for a catcher to pair with A.J. Ellis and Grandal certainly fits that bill. In 443 plate appearances for the Padres last season, Grandal hit .225/.327/.401 with 15 home runs and 49 RBI.

Archived