• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best PRESEASON Stat EVER!!

DelhommesTheMan

Detroit Lions went undefeated 4-0 in the preseason last year. Most of the games weren't even close too.. Just for all of you who will be bitching and moaning if we look shitty tonight. That is all..

Dude it's not about wins and losses its about how individual players come together and play as a group. Just like last year's preseason when Jonathon Stewart showed us all against the Redskins that he could make big plays or that Matt Moore needed a little more time before he was ready to take over. Thats what preseason is about, the young guys getting in there and showing us what they can do. You absolutely CANNOT tell me that if Dwayne Jarrett makes a couple nice grabs and then gets a TD that you won't be a little excited about his chances this year or if Jake comes out and throws three picks in the first three series you won't be a little worried.

I'm not one to say we should go crazy about what happens in preseason but I hate it when people say that preseason doesn't mean anything. It does, just not in the way you think.

Dude it's not about wins and losses its about how individual players come together and play as a group. Just like Jonathon Stewart showed us all against the Redskins that he could make big plays or that Matt Moore needed a little more time before he was ready to take over. Thats what preseason is about, the young guys getting in their and showing us what they can do. You absolutely CANNOT tell me that if Dwayne Jarrett makes a couple nice grabs and then gets a TD that you won't be a little excited about his chances this year or if Jake comes out and throws three picks in the first three series you won't be a little worried.

I'm not one to say we should go crazy about what happens in preseason but I hate it when people say that preseason doesn't mean anything. It does, just not in the way you think.

good post..

and since we have more young people this year trying to get some backup spots..this preseason is very important

Dude it's not about wins and losses its about how individual players come together and play as a group.

Not really. In general, you will never have a complete group in preseason that you will see in regular season. The preseason is all about individual performances which may or may not be based on bad play by teammates or the other team. The Panthers first team offense in preseason wasn't that impressive the year they went to the super bowl. That wasn't really indicative of the season to come.

nobody gibes a sh|t about the score tonight.

Do the starters look effectively prepared, in shape, etc.?

Does the game manage effectively during unit changes?

Does each unit look to have a pretty good understanding of their ind. assignments?

Do the 3rd and fourth stringers look like they have real NFL-level talent.

score- schmore

win- schmin

If you look like a professional team that has taken advantage of camp and is hungry to get the rest of the way prepared, you win a preseason game.

If you get dominated you just showed where we need to improve over the next couple weeks. Coaches will evaluate that and scheme the best they can to hide gaping holes in defense or the lack of any particular offensive element.

Tonight means nothing. Effort and preparation are the only things we should be focusing on tonight as fans.

just my .02

Thats a good point but at the same time its important to realize that playing well whether it be with the first or second team is important. Yeah, all the starters won't be in there and yeah it will be vanilla but its a chance to see what these guys can do and a good test for the offense and defense. One thing I like about this preseason is that we play 4 playoff teams to get ready for the season. I think the Ravens game will be a great measuring stick to where we are. Preseason lets us see what we need to improve on and what we are pretty good at. If we have to improve on a lot of things then it could be a long season but as you pointed out that may not always be the case.

Thats a good point but at the same time its important to realize that playing well whether it be with the first or second team is important. Yeah, all the starters won't be in there and yeah it will be vanilla but its a chance to see what these guys can do and a good test for the offense and defense.

There's no game planning in the first game. So even if they play bad, it is not indicative of how the season will go. Frankly, the practices this time of the year are more important. Game planning for games 2 and 3 helps out the young guys. But frankly, most of the starters for the Panthers are veterans and they will not get much out of preseason game planning.

Archived