• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You are Gettleman: knowing what you know now do you sign hardy to a big ass deal?

Hardy  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Pay him?

• Pay the man
    • Let him walk after the season

As bad as we've looked on defense this season, we can't afford to give Hardy the type of deal he wants. We've got too much cap space tied to the position as it is. It would be a MUCH tougher decision if he was an upstanding citizen, but given his erratic behavior off the field, I just don't think the Panthers can make the kind of commitment necessary to retain him, especially with long-term deals for Cam and Luke on the horizon.

He won't be getting a "big ass deal" from anybody with the media uproar about DV. I would sign him for less than $10M/year for a couple years if and only if he's found innocent at trial and as terms of that deal I would make it that any future DV incident voids the entire amount of guaranteed money.

Well now that we've seen what our defense looks like without him. If he does end up playing for the Panthers again this season, and the defense looks like it did last year, his chances of a big payday could go up again substantially. Especially if he is ultimately found innocent.

What do we know at this point?  When will he play?  How productive will he be when he comes back?  Is his head screwed on better this time or is just going to be something else.?

Gettleman wasn't sold on him before this season and thought he was somewhat or a wild card.  Don't think that is changed.  I don't see him playing here unless he comes back this year and makes a big difference right off the bat.

how good was hardy without johnson last year?

Last year all the threads said that CJ was the more important defensive end after his absence from the MNF leg whip.

Regarding Hardy, don't bring him back. Make some more cuts. Focus the saved money on Cam and Luke extensions and improving the offensive line. Draft wise find some more Benes for the secondary and we are in business.

Archived