• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking down the Bernard touchdown run

Jeremy Igo

Decloud is slow and has no business playing cover 1 deep safety. Tons wrong just on the decloud part of the run, Clearly you can see that the cut back to the inside is gone with the cb there, so take the outside because white is in no position to do anything but funnel Gio outside and make him cut to slow the run down. Instead Decloud stays in the middle too long and doesn't have the recovery speed to fix the mistake.

Second part, what my post yesterday was about. TD over shot, him and Luke do that a bit each game because they go 100% always looking to make a big play. Last years defense has the speed to recover from these mistakes, this year not so much.

Star is having a 2nd year slump for sure. He is why our defense has been so poor at the run.

I disagree. LB play has been the reason we are getting gashed.....they aren't playing like they did last season. On tons of these 30, 50 or whatever runs they would have gone for about 5-7 yards or less of the LBs made the plays they did last year.

I disagree. LB play has been the reason we are getting gashed.....they aren't playing like they did last season. On tons of these 30, 50 or whatever runs they would have gone for about 5-7 yards or less of the LBs made the plays they did last year.

Exactly LB's have been trying to do too much (kuechly and Td majorly) when they did that last year they were saved by the secondary being faster. 15 yard runs last year have turned into 50+ yard gashes. 5 yard runs into 15-20 yard runs because of gap control.

If you watch the Gio run back the OL that has Star has a hold of his jersey in the back with his right arm and the other side of his jersey with his left and is basically dragging him out of the hole. Easy holding call.

Archived