• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bengals' Burfict and Panthers' Kuechly face off for first time

gettlemanjack

FOX Sports:

They entered the NFL the same year, although from different angles. One calls the Cincinnati home now, while the other is a 2009 graduate of Cincinnati's St. Xavier High School.

Both were named Pro Bowlers last year. Kuechly said he and Burfict talked at the Pro Bowl, and Burfict passed one important test of Kuechly's when it comes to anyone who's not native to Cincinnati.

"Of course I asked him if he liked Skyline Chili and Montgomery Inn," said Kuechly. "So as long as you like those two, you're good."

Both players are more than good. ... although their styles of play have differences, both Vontaze Burfict of the Bengals and Luke Kuechly of the Panthers demand the attention of their opponents. The two third-year linebackers are the hearts of their respective defenses. They'll face off for the first time Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium as the Bengals host the Carolina Panthers .

Kuechly was named the AP Defensive Player of the Year last season... Burflict earned a spot on the AP All-Pro second team last season

"They're both very sudden and they're both good tacklers," said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. "They both lead their team."

This will be the first game between the Bengals and Panthers since Kuechly joined Carolina but his reputation is well known.

"He is a tremendous player. We'll have our hands full," said Bengals left guard Clint Boling .

Kuechly and Burfict got to know each other through the draft process. Their relationship continued at last season's Pro Bowl, although they were on opposing teams.

"Vontaze and I were at the combine together, we were at the Pro Bowl together, he was trying to get me on punt," said Kuechly during a conference call with Cincinnati reporters. "I remember running down on punt a couple of times and he was trying to line me up, I think he was messing with me a little bit. If he's going to try to smoke me, I'm going to let him run by, I'm not too set on making this tackle, I'll run down and try to stay safe, I'll stay out of the way of that big dude."

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cincinnati-bengals-vontaze-burfict-versus-carolina-panthers-luke-kuechly-100814

BzYk6JACYAA7gvT.jpg

Skyline Chili is a chain of Cincinnati-style chili restaurants based in Cincinnati, and the "official chili" of the Cincinnati Reds

Cincinnati chili has earned the praise of national food critics Jane and Michael Stern , who declared, "As connoisseurs of blue-plate food, we consider Cincinnati chili one of America's quintessential meals."

235465442_2b682bc9a9.jpg

Sky105.JPG

Montgomery Inn is a company with four restaurants in Cincinnati best known for its specialty, loin back ribs , and the barbecue sauce used in their preparation and serving.

It attracted some famous customers, including Bob Hope (a longtime fan and the Inn's best-known booster), five U.S. Presidents : Gerald Ford , Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush , Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, Pete Rose, Ken Griffey, Jr. , Johnny Bench , Tom Selleck, Elizabeth Taylor, Elton John, Britney Spears, Neil Armstrong, Andre Agassi, Mark McGwire, Bill Cosby, etc

Canon%2BG12%2Bpictures%2B392.jpg

slab-of-ribs.jpg

1162349_height370_width560.jpeg

BOC09_RP_MontgomeryInn+JL_.jpg

dinner_montgomery_inn.jpg

Is it just me or does all that food look just awful. Probably the least excited I have been for a trip in terms of food this year. Baltimore, New England, Tampa, all great stuff offered.

Cinci? meh

It's not just you.  All that poo just looks awful.

That looks like a picture of boiled ribs slathered in ketchup.

Archived