• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF: AFC South Showdown: Colts (3-2) at Texans (3-2)

gettlemanjack

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I fully agree on the o-line, and overall I’m optimistic long term. We are building an offense to give strong support to a QB. Oline, RB (Brooks as starter, Chuba as rb2), WR (Dionte is a very good starter) and TE. At QB, it will most likely not be Bryce (I hope I’m wrong), but we are setting our current or future QB up for success, and that is my reason for optimism even though this year might be a bit rough with Bryce at the helm.
    • I remember one of the games that Corbett actually played. He would turn around from the RG spot and communicate with Bryce before the ball was snapped. It stood out because I wasn’t accustomed to seeing OGs do that. I think he is smart enough to handle that part of the adjustment. I’m just not sure that counting on him to be healthy AND learn the center position this year is the best idea…
    • Yosh is an underrated signing in my opinion.  He and a guy like Christensen are both plus swing linemen for this line, which is critical in an eval year for a lot of offensive skill guys (QB included).  If Icky is struggling or either him or Moton get banged up, Yosh has the starting experience to come in.  He played respectable, not great, but respectable for GB last year and during the games where Love really got it going.   Christensen we know is capable of playing decently.  Heck, we thought he was a long term starter not long ago.   Corbett at Center is the thing to watch. Many of us wanted a center in the draft (Frazier 😞) so we'll see if that works.   It's hinging on him and then Icky's progression.  If both move in the right direction, it should be at the least a top-15 unit.  Maybe top-10.   The other thing is that I'm fairly certain Bozeman called protections for Bryce.  So will Corbett or are we going to let Bryce manage that?  It would be prudent for one of our reporters to ask Canales what his system will allow and about presnap communication, because that's another area where Bryce seemed to have training wheels on last year.