• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF: AFC South Showdown: Colts (3-2) at Texans (3-2)

gettlemanjack

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I agree with the edge assessment (not DE's since we run a 34 base), but are people not aware that they did have Ngaukoue, Lawson, and even Haynes in for workouts this week...we have just under 6M in cap space, so negotiating will have to be sorted out as it relates to bringing in a more premium position like an edge rusher... Now, back on topic; this is a WR 4-6 type of guy who at least ''already knows the offense'' and offers return ability, not to mention just in general adds some more speed and most of all short area quickness. Dionte ran a 4.53 at the combine Thielen is turning 34, and was never a burner, we know he gets open, but he's not a threat vertically Legette ran a 4.39 so we know that was part of why he was drafted to help take the top off TMJ who ran a 4.38 at his pro-day, we just never see consistent usage as it relates to him Mingo ran a 4.46 ISM ran a 4.42 Legette, TMJ, and Mingo and are all in the 6'1 - 6'3 range and we 220+, none of them would be classified as ''quicker than a hiccup''. Dionte over his career, and ISM in spots are the only ones that showed some play-making ability in space last season that are currently on the roster. ____________________________________________________________________________________________ Also for those stuck on the domestic violence piece, google is your friend.  https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/tampa-bay-buccaneers-news/bucs-news-deven-thompkins-investigation-nfl-2024 The NFL has ended its investigation of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Deven Thompkins, who was accused by his estranged wife Maria Castillos of domestic abuse in May of this year. In a statement, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that there was no "sufficient evidence" that Thompkins had violated the league's personal conduct policy, per FOX Sports' Greg Auman: "Following a review of the matter, the league did not discover sufficient evidence to support a finding of a violation of the personal conduct policy," McCarthy said. Castillos, who is getting a divorce from Thompkins, released photos on her TikTok that appeared to show bruises on her body that she claimed Thompkins had caused. The Buccaneers released Thompkins with an injury designation during mandatory minicamp not long after the images were posted, and Thompkins later filed a defamation lawsuit against Castillos. Per Auman, those images have now been deleted from Castillos' TikTok account.
    • I am as down on this season from the jump,  but I really dont think you can take anything good or bad from 2 short practices.  I laugh at the guys on twitter saying bryce is going to cook because he threw a "dot".  And I lauged yesterday at the dudes saying bryce is in midseason form for having an off day.   I think we find out a bunch on the 5th and we should have an idea I suspect of what our offense looks like after the jets week/game.  I think DC knows after the disaster of last preseason he needs to put on a show and try to beat the brakes off of the jets.
    • This practice was one of those where the optimistic fan in me is saying "It's literally day 2 of practice, they're still working on installing this brand new offense" And the fan who has lived in reality the past 6 years and says "Yep, that tracks, we will suck again".