• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo Williams: Best in Football

NewEnglandAFChamps

I've been saying this for a while now but the best runningback in the league is DeAngelo Williams for a few reasons IMO.

1. D-Will is second in TDs of the top 4 HBs. He has 14 so far, in front of Adrian Peterson's 9, and Clinton Portis's 7.

2. He has the longest TD run out of all of them at a 69 yard run, and just capped off a 56 yrd run this past week

3. He has the highest yards per carry average of 5.5 which tops everyone in the top 4 category

4. He has no fumbles and the fewest attempts of them all at 224 atts compared to Adrian Peterson's 320, Clinton's 291 and Turner 332 yet right there with them in yardage and closing in pretty fast

5. Along with having the most runs beyond 40 yards at 5 of them over AP's 3, Clinton's 0 and Turner's 1 he has the ability to stop, cut and change direction just out of the drop of a dime that I've seen since Barry Sanders. And LT could never do that as fast and as swiftly as D-Will can along with the ability to elude tackles and run you over.

You can argue but NUMBERS DON'T LIE people

I'd like to see Williams catch more swing passes. He has a unique ability in the open field and we don't throw to him enough to utilize it. He could really be that second weapon in the passing game that we need.

I'll agree with that. It would just give defenses one more reason to keep an eye on No. 34.

On another note, while I appreciate the enthusiasm for Williams, it's getting a bit out of hand.

I'll agree with that. It would just give defenses one more reason to keep an eye on No. 34.

On another note, while I appreciate the enthusiasm for Williams, it's getting a bit out of hand.

it got out of hand a long time ago.

god forbid wlliams numbers should decline over the next season or two. the huddle's going to need a suicide watch if they do.

I wish williams the best success. it will only help the panthers as a whole.

He is one of the best. Definitely the best we've ever had in this teams history imo. Stewart is probably the next best actually. What he has done is very impressive. 100 less carries yet only 200 or so yards behind the top 2 rushers and is 2nd in touchdowns. We have the best tandem though, no doubt in my mind.

Just to sneak a rock in your pillow case. Couldn't his success be, in part, to Stewart's ability to run the ball. A healthy and WELL rested HB attributes a lot of his yards/carry and other stats to the "other" guy. Without Stewchunk, he's wouldn't be doing things he's doing.

So, in other words, those numbers, as always, don't mean much considering they don't show the whole picture.

I've been saying this for a while now but the best runningback in the league is DeAngelo Williams for a few reasons IMO.

1. D-Will is second in TDs of the top 4 HBs. He has 14 so far, in front of Adrian Peterson's 9, and Clinton Portis's 7.

2. He has the longest TD run out of all of them at a 69 yard run, and just capped off a 56 yrd run this past week

3. He has the highest yards per carry average of 5.5 which tops everyone in the top 4 category

4. He has no fumbles and the fewest attempts of them all at 224 atts compared to Adrian Peterson's 320, Clinton's 291 and Turner 332 yet right there with them in yardage and closing in pretty fast

5. Along with having the most runs beyond 40 yards at 5 of them over AP's 3, Clinton's 0 and Turner's 1 he has the ability to stop, cut and change direction just out of the drop of a dime that I've seen since Barry Sanders. And LT could never do that as fast and as swiftly as D-Will can along with the ability to elude tackles and run you over.

You can argue but NUMBERS DON'T LIE people

not sure if your trying to be funny or if your a bandwagoner or both but I dont like patriot fans even when they pretend to be panther fans..but dont mind me, just had to get that off my chest

Archived