• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Hardy come back after 6 games?

Jeremy Igo

I don't see how it's fair to sit him more than 6 games. I'm not saying we will or we won't, but I would love to hear someone like Bob Costas try to explain how this should be handled.

It would probably be, "ban him for life!!!!"

But what if he's found not guilty, Bob?

"Meh...then the league should consider letting him play again. Never mind the salary he missed." (That's if he misses any time next year)

While it's possible the media eviscerates the team again, I really don't see it happening.

The Panthers got caught up in the perfect storm with the Ray Rice video and Adrian Peterson cases all breaking within one week.

On it's face, the national media gives little to zero fugs about the Panthers and Greg Hardy, as evidenced by no one saying a thing in July when Hardy was convicted.

I do, because we'd be the first team to allow one of these guys back to play (not saying it's fair that Hardy is lumped in with Peterson and Rice, but at this point he is). Considering we (or the league) would be bending some rules to equate exemption list to a suspension in order to allow him back, I think they'd go off on us.

All just imo.

Would the suspension under the punishment be without pay?

The current suspension is with pay.

Yes no pay but if he came back after 6 games they could just fine him the amount he made in those 6 and if he's not guilty it wouldn't matter.

Mike Greenberg (Mike & Mike) & Adam Shefter will go ballistic.  And since they are the voice of the 4-letter you can guarantee this will get nothing but negative air time if Hardy comes back.  They will beat the drum over and over and over and over.  It sucks but it's true and it will happen.

Mike Greenberg (Mike & Mike) & Adam Shefter will go ballistic. And since they are the voice of the 4-letter you can guarantee this will get nothing but negative air time if Hardy comes back. They will beat the drum over and over and over and over. It sucks but it's true and it will happen.

It was said in a Cam thread yesterday, but it needs to be repeated-most don't want Charlotte or the Carolinas to have a winner. We simply must put it up their poop shoot or die. It's that simple.

I think Hatters point about him being suspended with pay is the issue...  

If he was suspended without pay, I could definitely see both Hardy and the Union making an issue of his suspension.

Since he's suspended with pay, that tells me that the NFL and the Panthers don't want him around and he won't be back.

I think the first question that needs to be asked is if the NFL will allow the six games out to count as his suspension if he forfeits six games worth of pay provided he is found guilty.

Even criminals get credit for time served. NO sane reason he's not busting Seahawk @$$ at BOA on Oct. 26. None.

Archived