• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Hardy come back after 6 games?

Jeremy Igo

I really hope Hardy plays and then stays. He's a cornerstone of our defense and a warrior on and off the field. This situation just sucks no ands ifs or buts. He's an elite DE and this team takes a step bag without him.

The worst part is that frank Alexander is a capable backup and he's out too. Sucky

FYI...

Thanks to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer we were able to get the full explanation directly from the NFL Player Personnel Policy Manual:

"The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List."

This is from NFL.com. So the fact is, as some have pointed out, JR and Co have no say in when he comes back. Now the question is should or will Goodell let him play? I don't think he will. I don't thing Goodell is going to willingly place himself under even more media scrutiny. The buzz surrounding DV and the NFL has not really dissipated. It's still heavily discussed in national media, not just sports media. There is little chance Goodell can let Hardy play without coming under fire. He won't do it.

Should he? Yes. This is a man who has admitted nothing and is still in the middle if his due process. Punishing him before there is final determination of guilt is wrong. He should never have been exempted in the first place. It was a cowardly act of submission to the self-righteous media clowns. I pity the man without the bravery to stand firm on his own ideals and convictions.

In summary...RELEASE THE EFFING KRAKEN already!!

The only thing I will add (and I have been reminding folks that this is an NFL call, not a JR call) is that there is a possibility that Goodell did this to bail out the Panthers and Vikings almost as a favor. Slim chance but I suppose there is the possibility that JR will now go back and declare that we want him back now.

But I remain convinced we will not see him in a Panthers uniform again...

Archived