• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBC Sports on Cam: "You can’t question the kid’s toughness."

gettlemanjack

"You can say many things about Cam Newton, but you can’t question the kid’s toughness.

The Panthers quarterback, who’s playing on a still-mending ankle and after some broken ribs in the preseason, had another hurdle to clear this week.

After Sunday’s win over the Bears, Newton said he had four wisdom teeth surgically removed last week. That he was able to feel his face, much less smile or play, is impressive.

Newton’s mobility is clearly limited because of the offseason ankle surgery....but he’s also developing as a passer, and is keeping the Panthers afloat on offense, even though he doesn’t have many weapons or protection."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/05/cam-newton-overcomes-yet-another-surgery/

Why does wisdom teeth surgery happen during the season? I would think that can be taken care of during the off season with a little planning

When your jaw swells to the size of a golf ball it makes it impossible to put your mouth together much less put on a chin strap. It had to have been an emergency sort or situation to have planned it this way.

When your jaw swells to the size of a golf ball it makes it impossible to put your mouth together much less put on a chin strap. It had to have been an emergency sort or situation to have planned it this way.

Newton said the plan was only to take one out but he didn't want to have to see the dentist again so he requested all 4 be taken out.

"You can say many things about Cam Newton, but you can’t question the kid’s toughness.

The Panthers quarterback, who’s playing on a still-mending ankle and after some broken ribs in the preseason, had another hurdle to clear this week.

After Sunday’s win over the Bears, Newton said he had four wisdom teeth surgically removed last week. That he was able to feel his face, much less smile or play, is impressive.

Newton’s mobility is clearly limited because of the offseason ankle surgery....but he’s also developing as a passer, and is keeping the Panthers afloat on offense, even though he doesn’t have many weapons or protection."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/05/cam-newton-overcomes-yet-another-surgery/

Isn't it sad how so many folks see that Cam doesn't have any real help around him but still the team and fans do nothing about it and continue to take him for granted.

Isn't it sad how so many folks see that Cam doesn't have any real help around him but still the team and fans do nothing about it and continue to take him for granted.

Your shtick of generalizing all Panther fans because of a loud mouthed retarded minority (a very small minority) has long past grown extremely tiresome.

I reflexively roll my eyes, whenever I see your user name, before I even read your posts because I can almost recite verbatim what you're going to say in my head before actually looking at them.

Archived